close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fisherman Drowned on Buckeye

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ShakeDown, May 1, 2005.

1. catking

catking Banned

That's just a shame . Somebody just lost a son......maybe a father.... Man........... :(

2. Ðe§perado™

Ðe§perado™ Catfisherman/Bowfisherman

Sad news, just hate for things like this to happen.

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

.... or a Husband, or all of the above. :(

4. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

Just shows once again....wear your life-jacket! Hate to think what the 2 guys were thinking when it all started going wrong. The guy that made it, had time to call 911 and was picked up still holding his phone up out of the water with his jacket half-on. He said he tossed the other jacket to the other guy, but the guy went under before he could grab it. I guess the total time between when they took on water and when they were in the water was less than a minute. Very sad.

5. And I've been out there 3 or 4 times this year already. Does it just seem to me that it happens on Buckeye more so than other places? And it makes me happy that I own a pair of SOSpenders and I never take mine off. I think they are a great investment.

Eric

6. Hooch

Hooch Fare Thee Well!

I was thinking of going to Buckeye to fish that day, but I read on here somewhere that Buckeye gets ugly when the wind kicks up...so I went to Hoover instead. It PAYS to look at the weather channel before deciding and then again just before you go fishing!! -Hooch-

7. Hoover wasn't too pretty either when the wind picked up. I think there for a while Bassnpro1's crappies were swimming around in the boat because we had so much water in it.

8. I can't think of a lake in the central region that doesn't really turn ugly when the winds kick up. I know Indian was a mess on Monday, and I've been on Alum when the wind would drive you into the coves.

It seemed as we got situated on Monday at Indian the wind would shift. Murphy's law I guess. But in all honesty, coming back from Blackhawk to the Moundwood ramp really had me worried.

Eric

9. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

It is sad to hear, my thoughts go out to the family.

It was nasty sunday, i know out on pleasent hill there were some nice size rollers and very nasty. My buddy fished the salmonids at indian on sunday and had his new triton out and said he knows there were 3 and 4's very bad. Especially for inexperienced boaters and smaller boats. I have had my 14 ft on alum before and wind kicked up and the waves then the big boats added to it and it was a rough trip back to the ramp.

10. Hooch

Hooch Fare Thee Well!

Yes, Hoover was windy, but it's a long lake that runs north and south and not very wide, compared to Buckeye Lake. The wind was out of the west on Sunday, so we hugged the west shoreline and stayed pretty dry on our way to and from the north end of the lake. If the wind is from the north or south, Hoover can be as bad as Buckeye or Alum. -Hooch-

11. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

Buckeye is nothing to mess with the wind kicks up, I have had more than 1 time during waterfowl season that I was thinking "Hunting ducks is not worth all of this". We even had 1 time the wind slammed us into the bank, the dogs bailed on us and jumped from the boat to the land. Right then and there we knew it was time to call it a day. Climbed up on the bank I held the boat while my buddy walked to Firemans park to get the truck. It can get bad in a hurry.

12. gonefishin'

gonefishin' Lifestyle Farmer

...all you need is for normal boat traffic to show up and you have problems if you're in a small boat. Been there! It's a shallow lake which makes any wave action intensified. I hate to hear this stuff. My heart goes out to the families and friends. :( :C Let's be careful out there. :G :F