close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

fisherman beware !!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by freyedknot, Oct 13, 2005.

1. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

saturday october 15 is opening day for duck hunting.pleez be aware that if you see PLASTIC ducks on the water ,there will be guys close by with shotguns. give them a little room. i myself will be at nimisila saturday.

2. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Good reminder.

I'm not sure about Nimisila, but on Mogadore, aren't fishermen NOT supposed to be on the lake until after 12 noon? Duck hunters have to be out of their blinds by noon on Mog, but from what I understand, duck hunters can stay in their blinds on Nimisila all day (during state hunting hours)

I was on Mogadore last year for the opener, and there were fishermen trolling right through our decoys long before noon..

3. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Its a bad thing...cant have hunters and anglers on the water at the same time.
    I personally wish they only had a spring waterfowl season...they screw up some great fall fishing for me thats for sure even on the river!!

Scott

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

All I can say is that I throw 8oz of lead..... sinkers! Then again mine are comming aout quite as fast.

5. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Mellon, some anglers prefer .357 mags.....it evens the playing field a bit.
    Scott

6. PAYARA

PAYARA THE ONE YOU LOVE TO HATE

i can't recall the last time i incounterd a duck hunter... :confused:

7. H2O Mellon

I told Jack last time out that I was going to take out my Colt .45 & shoot the freakin Beaver if he didnt leave us alone!

OKay, I'm done didnt mean to HiJack the thread.

8. Kinda hard to cast from the blinds.

9. Hell at WB they ride in boats camoed out with 6 guys with guns. Try that fishin on a weekend. !@

10. Made some points with a duck hunter last year at W.B. He was down on the southeast end, near the dam. I realized while trolling down there that someone had decoys out so I made a gentle U turn to leave the area. About a minute or two later I hear a couple rounds fly and a couple minutes later I see this kid waving his arms at me. So I turn back around and head on over to him. Here his dog's GPS went out and he was headed out into the lake toward the discharge tower. The kid couldn't control him. Suffice to say that by the time we got the lab in the boat he was awfully glad to be in a boat. That dog was out there.

11. I was threatened by a duck guy last year. He told me to move or I would get a lead shower. I told hgim to give it his best shot, but mine will hit!!There pretty rude around here!

12. H2O Mellon

See Glenn, righ there the guy was an idiot, hell you cant even use lead, should have told him go ahead then you'll call a game warden & show him the lead!

13. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

They are out at Nimi all day long. Anytime I see decoy's I stay well out of their way.
    I don't like it that they usually build their blinds on the shallow underwater islands where I want to fish but they are allowed to be there so you gotta share.
    Besides my rattletrap or 1/8 oz jig is no match for their 12 guage.
    I like to help them out and stir up the ducks and geese who lie low in the back bays and force them out into the main lake.

14. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

The DNR places stakes where the blinds go, the hunters have to put the blinds where the stakes are, within a couple of yards.

I was helping my buddy build his blind a couple weeks ago on a shallow hump, and some guy came over and said we were messing up his favorite fishing spot. We apologized, and told him that this spot was where the state had a designated blind. He didn't seem too happy, but both sides kept it cordial.

15. All I'm gonna say is the fishin season alot longer than waterfowl season.

Sliprig

16. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Yeah I know that. Maybe I should have used supposed instead of allowed.
    I still don't like it.:)

17. I have never had any problems with fisherman. I think most the times waterfowlers are of the water by noon. I like to fish in the afternoon after a morning of duck hunting. just be nice and there is enough outdoors for all to enjoy!

18. It's pretty much a non event here at Alum Creek. The duck blinds along the main lake are pretty easy to spot ahead of time. We just give 'em a wide berth.

19. Smallie Gene

Smallie Gene Banned

"Lead Shower?" Yeah, thats rude. Maybe you should have given him a golden shower?

I was fishing the Fairport Pier a couple years ago and was stumbling out them boulders one morning right around dawn still half asleep and seen a lab and then looked down and seen about 6-8 shotguns. After I changed my underwear, I figured out that they were duck hunters. Its just pretty scarey to think that you could walk 10 feet away from gun hunters on that break wall. The funny part is, people still are out there trolling in front of the hunters! I think they should have to use a bow on being that close to such a common fishing area.

20. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

i can see this from both sides so i give the hunters room ..................i got sprayed coming out of the woods after deer hunting at westbranch crazy guys chasing a woonded duck i steering and 1 shooting off the bow witch is illegal i thought about launching an arrow at them but did not want to waste 15 bucks ;)