close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fished WB outing spot yesterday

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by steelhead1, May 1, 2005.

1. steelhead1

steelhead1 Pikie Bay

Its was cold windy and rainy. Surface temp was 49. Managed one 12lbish Carp in seven hours. Put lots of chum out and will put some more out with my boat when I go Crappie fishing later in the week (alot more).

Richie came out about 1 with a friend and netted my one fish for me. My first Carp of the year:D What was really cool about this was I caught the fish right in the middle of a bass tourny weigh in....I guess if you are only going to catch one, it's best to it with people watching :D

If we get a little warmer weather and with some pre baiting, it should be a good outing.

2. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Thanks for the report Mark. And thanks for the chumming. BC said he will be chumming this week as well. Looks like mother nature won't be providing the next few days, but as usual....our events go on as planned unless the lake is closed :) Extended forecast doesn't look too bad temp wise....60's....so it should be at least comfortable :)

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I hope you guys catch loads of big carp at this event, looking forward to seeing the pics.

4. steelhead1

steelhead1 Pikie Bay

Thanks Flat! I have a feeling with the later spring this year as opposed to last, we may not catch as many Carp but they will be quite larger.....Which is fine with me!

I know there are many Carp in the mid 20's at WB and a few over 30!

5. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

brian called me earlier today and told me that he went to put some chum in..
    i have a feeling that some biggies will be caught there this year.. good luck and have fun out there.. :)

6. Good to see 1 fish was caught in 7 hrs of fishing. That sounds about right for an area of a CAG Ohio event :D . Good luck to the guys goin to to WB. I will be hitting Rayland again this weekend. Atleast the weather may co-operate.

Jake

7. crappielooker

jake buddy..i don't know where you were at last year, but we had a blast hauling fish in.. so please don't be saying stuff like that until you actually been there and done that more than once..
    and again, if you noticed the pattern of the weather this year, you know its screwed up..

8. crappielooker

i think its something to accomplish when you have a frenchman saying its one of his favorite trip he have made so far in his life..where he caught so many fish its unreal..
    again, all i'm saying is you just have to come out and bankin' it with us at most of our events.. and not judge it by just one or 2 venues.. :) some people have put time and energy to make it happen, and it ain't for nothing..

9. Dude...just ignore them, maybe they'll go away. Why do we all need to get in a fuss over what a couple of people have to say? Anybody who fished West Branch last year knows what type of venue it was...and we had plenty of pictures and reports to show how it went. I've never seen so many fish caught in one area in such a short period of time as West Branch, and we were only there for part of one day. There were probably a few hundred fish caught before we even arrived. If they aren't happy with how things in CAG Ohio are run...so be it, they can fish with themselves...I'm sure we'll be fine without them. It's just a shame that some people have to take something as simple as fishing with a bunch of fellow carpers and turn it into an US vs THEM scenario.

10. crappielooker

i said what i wanna say already..you guys know i don't really like to hold back what i say anyways.. i rather say and defend my views in person and not behind a damn computer.. so if any of you got anymore gripes with the way things are run here..come talk to me.. don't waste the bandwidth here.. you ALL know my number..if not PM me and i'll send it to u.. i can say it better than i can type.. and it'll be short, somewhat sweet and to the point.. :)

11. Now if i could just catch one of the those blasted fish that is your namesake :S

12. Ak you can't make it?

13. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Iceman and Clyde.....you guys gonna make it this year? Now come on Clyde. You certainly have your gobblers already :D And if not....your not alone. Guys at work are still birdless. Iceman....you know darn well you wanna bring that canoe ;) :D

14. steelhead1

steelhead1 Pikie Bay

Humm, this thread took an interesting turn :confused:

While I do not claim to be an all knowing Carp God, how many Carp should one expect to catch on a day that was rainy, windy, surface temp of 49, no pre baiting, early season, muddy water, 2nd trip out for season? I was pleased with the one and got lots of chum in the water and will get more out this week.

The CAG outings are Awesome. I have learned a ton from my fellow CAG members.

Ohioice, catch up with me this fall! I have helped a bunch of guys catch their first Steelie :)

15. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Don't worry about it Mark :) Those that show up this weekend will have a good time as usual. ANywho.....shoot me a PM with your cell number (if you still have one) and I'll give you a call on my way up there Friday.

16. Shawn how long will you be there?
    I will be calling birds for my cuz sat morn then I am hopeful to stop on by... I also would like to know where to chum cuz I'll chum thurs around 6pm and my cuz will do the same friday whether we're coming or not...

17. crappielooker

clyde..you can chum anywhere by the east side pavillion/boatramp... actually, anywhere between the pavillion and the ramp, towards the main lake.
    thanks man..
    ps..im gonna try to make it..

18. I can't find the directions to get there or Shawns website for directions... HELP !!

19. crappielooker

ok..heres the direction from I-76.. take rt 225 exit and head north..turn left(west) on cable line road..then turn right(north) on gilbert road.. it will dead end on where you wanna chum..

20. crappielooker

that should help abit..