Fished vermilion this AM

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by SteelinaTrout, Nov 14, 2007.

1. SteelinaTrout

SteelinaTrout King Fisher

Made some plans to get up early this morning and go fish the v if it wasnt pouring... got up and no rain. picked up my buddy and hit the hole and found a flash flood. Water was very high and muddy. we actually found a calm spot and threw in a line because my buddy in not a morning person so we didnt want to get up and go out for nothing... to my surprise he caught a minnow...we saw a few fish jumping but not too much action.... this high water should push all that chrome to some new spots and make for some good fishing this weekend:D ...see you all out there!

2. I was out there this morning too and found a rod and reel as you seen in my previous post. I cant beleive you actually fished that crap, but if i were in your shoes i would have done the same. I dodnt take my rod with me just my dog and my walking stick... good to see at least a minnow was biting :B and you are absolutly right the fishing should be great this weekend if the rain holds off until then. Hey try using an egg pattern i have found that after high muddy waters the egg pattern can be productive! just a thought.

3. Fishaholic69

Fishaholic69 Fly Fishing Addict

It was me! I caught the minnow:B . should of took a pic of that monster! maybe a fish ohio shiner.. ya a egg pattern is what we used. I was using a size 12 single green glo egg with a beadhead and indicator. Ya believe it or not we actually fished that crap.but its better than my aquarium at home ;) . actually we take whatever day we can get off. even tho the river is acting a fool I'd rather go than just sit home all day and do nothing. steelin is right and I am never really up early. I am not a morning person but found it not to be too bad! actually I can't wait to do it again! I bet if the water was good we would of gotten lucky. this flood better bring in the steel farther!
    If not I have no idea what there waiting for!