close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

fished the tusc river tonight

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by tcba1987, Jul 29, 2004.

1. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

:) fished the tuscarawas river tonight off of 416 just outside of new philadelphia, fished from 8 pm to around 9:45. didnt have a hit till it got dark then nailed 2 nice smallies in about 10 minutes, then a massive swarm off mosquitoes attacked. i figured no problem till i walked back to the car and realized i left the spray at home, so i packed up and went home. caught one 14 1/2 inch smallie on a white tube and one 14 inch smallie on a mustard colored tube. ran into another guy who caught 8 saugeyes on 2 inch white twisters (grubs) , they were all 12 - 16 inches long , he was gonna fillet them all !! :eek: what a waste !! :eek: too small in my opinion but oh well its his choice i guess, cant help to think how big they would be in a year or two. he got all of the eyes in a set of rapids fishing the eddies right before dark he said. :)

2. Let the people eat all of the fish out of the river they want, they won't be around that long anyhow.

3. Fished the river last night also in Bolivar. Between 3 of us we probably caught 10 smallies over 12 inches. all were caught on meps or rebel craws. Once i figure how to use those darn tubes in the current I am going to get down there and tear those smallies up. a few nice pike were caught also.

4. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Sounds like a good night to be on the river! I wished I hit it instead of the lake now that we got all this rain!