close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fished the Ohio today....

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by Fishman, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

and caught 1 small drum. Better than nothing though. The gar kept me occupied, clickers going on left and right. I was fishing in Point Plesant I beleive near the Grant Memorial bridge. Wow thats a deep hole where Indian Creek emptys into the Ohio. I kept it simple today, one rod with night crawler and another with sweet corn (always looking for new carpin areas :)) I still havn't found my "hotspot" down here in SW Ohio, but sooner or later I'm be onto something!

The river looked like it was in great shape. It was a little off colored but given what we had last month its looking a WHOLE lot better.

2. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

That hole looks like a great spot on the locator. Shallow upstream, big dropoff, then it comes up to about 14' in the wood cover.

3. Gary

Gary Bait Catcher

I stopped there and had a look around one day, but never did get back there to fish it. One of these days...

--Gary

4. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Not sure if it would be worth it though for cats. Looks like it gets ALOT of pressure, and I do mean ALOT. I've never seen so much garbage in one spot on a bank in all of my life. I didn't see any signs of people flathead fishing, more less liver and crawler containers - but its something to keep in mind none the less.