close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fished the Ohio from the bank last night

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by spiff, Sep 16, 2004.

1. Near 52 & Kellog. Found about 3 square yards of hard clay among several feet of deep grease mud (looks like pudding, acts like lithium grease) below a steep bank. On my way down the side of the bank (to avoid the mud), the root I was holding on to snapped. I must have looked like one of those cartoons when the other end of the rope passes you going down while you're going up... Fell about 6 feet before my right leg got hung in some other roots. When I kicked out of that, I landed in, you guessed it, grease mud. Stood up and fell down about 3 times before I got to the hard clay. Man, I must love fishing... My right knee isn't happy right now....but on to the fishing..

The river was still muddy and about 6 feet higher than it was before it went up. There are still logs & stuff floating by but the current was such that a 2oz sinker would make the bait (goldfish) stick. I saw a lot of fish turning and jumping. Many were gar at the surface (I can tell their tails by color now). Saw some big fish jump that weren't gar, but couldn't tell what they were. River is still going down..at least until Ivan gets here.

Caught one 3lb channel and had a couple of runs that didn't pan out before it got dark. That's when I realized my wife had taken my lantern out of the car...

It was fun but painful. I was really surprised by the fish activity. Gives me hope for this fall.

2. catking

catking Banned

Catters are a diffrent breed of fishermen for sure :D Here's to better luck next time ;) .THE CATKING !!!

3. Almost as much fun as flipping an ATV. :rolleyes: