Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to all the guys that gave me directions and advise. I went to a club bass tourniment sat. The forecast was cold and rain. And yes we had cold and rain. My wife said that I am stupid. I drove 115 miles one way and fished 8 hours. It was cold. The water ranged from 39 to 41. The bite was slow, but what a bass lookin lake. Most guys got skunked or one fish. But several, really found them. Three fish won it with 9lb something. Big bass was 4-10lbs. Nice fish. I was one of the skunked ones but had fun and learned a new lake. The big fish came deep, whatever that means. I fished mostly tubes in the wood. Thanks all for your advise, but I did not keep up my end of the bargin.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
this is a fine bass lake and with ohio weather being what it is things might be better towards the end of the month and the first weeks of may if you get a chance to fish leesville again thats when to hit it . ive seen some reel hawgs come from this lake.!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Thanks for the report, I've been stuck in the house and haven't wet a line in a week and a half. My wife says I'm stupid too when I head out to fish in this weather but she don't know the fish don't care about cold and rain so much. You never know what wil happen or what will bite.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts