close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fished in Moraine, Oh tonight

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by shadesplace, Aug 10, 2007.

1. shadesplace

shadesplace Game Champion

I went fishing at Deer Meadow Park in Moraine tonight. I got there just a few minutes after 8pm and stayed until 10pm. I caught 11 bass during that time using a mepps spinner and then switched to a 4 1/2" swim tail Gary yamamoto's Black grub. All in all it was a good night...the best i've had all year.

size ranged from 9"-13" on most. One was over 13" but couldn't tell the size. I was using my ultra light w/ 2lb test. Something took the bait and ran out alot of line. I was cranking to get it in but it spit the hook. It didn't get a chance to break the surface. Only a small ripple i the water and it was gone.

2. Where is Deer Meadow Park?

3. shadesplace

Went back to dear meadow tonight. Fished same time as I did yesterday. I caught 8 bass tonight. I was using a black swim tail grub again. I also tried out one of my Zook lures....unfortunately I was only using a 4lb test and something took the lure and snapped my line. So if any of you happen to catch a bass in there with a yellow zook lure in it's lip let me know.

4. shadesplace

Deer meadow is in Moraine. From the GM manufacturing plant turn onto main street towards Moraine. 725 to Main. Go over the bridge which crosses INT 75 and the river. Continue past splash Moraine (on left). Go up the hill and turn left on Pinnacle Road (just past the fire station). Go approx 1/2 mile and it is on the right side of the road. Best time ive found to fish it is after 8:45pm. That is when I have caught all of the bass the past two days.

Use a swim tail grub with a 1/8 oz jig head. Cast along the sides of the bank approx 10-15 out from the edges. I had more luck doing this. I didn't catch anything by casting out into the deep. The bass seem to be coming up close to the bank at night there. Most of the bass face the bank so casting ahead of where you are walking is the best idea.

5. shadesplace

Went back to Dear Meadow again tonight from 8pm-9:30pm. I caught 7 large mouth bass using the same techniques as the previous two days. Total for 3 days fishing were

Friday 11 lm bass 8pm-10pm
    Saturday 8 lm bass 8pm-10pm
    Sunday 7 lm bass 8pm-9:30pm