close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fished hard 6-27-04

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by mrfishohio, Jun 27, 2004.

1. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Cast hard for stripes today, topwaters, spoons, jigs. After getting a nice bright shade of sunburn red, I hit a nice hybrid striper on a 3 oz spoon. The poor fish inhaled the lure, ripping it's gills, fortunately someone will have it for dinner. ;) It was pretty much bled out real fast, all over my leg too :eek:
    [​IMG]

2. mrfishohio

Oh yeah...maybe 5-6#, yes a hybrid, not a striper.

3. Casting 3oz for a few hours in the hot sun will help you appreciate sitting in a boat at dusk watching your line and drinking a nice cold beverage!

4. Man I thought that was you, I was wearing the camoflauge hat, I was trying to catch some skippys, we ended up using shiners, and we caught a nice load of fish last night, 4 channel cats, and 2 Flatheads. We fished above Meldahl Dam!!!

5. mrfishohio

I almost mentioned OGF when you said something about the level being 27 something in Cinti....if that was you. There was a few guys in & out. Did you see that guy who kept snagging up & losing tackle? He kept crossing my line, finally made me lose a good 2 oz spoon, even though I make my own, this one had reflective tape on it, then I have to dip them in poly to seal the tape.(had eyes too). I hate when that happens. I could've got it off, but he started jerking his line had on the snag & broke my line, it fell about 2' out in the water. :eek: Just out of reach. :D

6. It is good you caught fish anyway.I have been building a new pole barn the past couple weekends no fishing :( .This weekend coming up I have 4 days off,plan on hitting the river some :) Sounds like you were fishing off the bank Jim? Daryl

7. Yeah I saw all of that, man that guy was really wasting his time, I saw you were looking a little frustrated,after he did that!! Yeah I had a guy cast over me too from up above , I was really surprised how well those flattys and channels were biting last night, thought the bite would be a little tougher, but right as the sun went down they started hitting. were going down again this friday night, I will also be stopping down at the dam again to try and get some skipps, or whatever.