Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Game Champion
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Eastwood lake tonight in Dayton. Didn't catch anything. The water conditions were somewhat clear. I fished the blue lagoon along the back southwestern corner of the lake. I got 2 bites while I was there. I was using a Zook lure with a night crawler trailer. It looked wicked swimming through the water. As it got closer to dark I lost the lure :( which sucked. Anywho. Ill try it again next week and home to not get :S

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was pretty sure this place was dead, until tonight. Showed up a little after 9pm for a quick hour of fishing. Threw out my new popper lure and started grinning! I failed to set the hook on 2 bites, my rod fell apart on another, but the 4th time was the charm. One 10in. Saugeye to order. Needless to say I plan on going back tomorrow night.

·
Game Champion
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What part of Eastwood did you fish? I think I might try there again this weekend.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I took the first right once you enter the park, and then another right at the lake. I went about 100 feet and parked. There's some trees and brush down on the shore there. An ocassional exposed area provides a great place to stand on the odd days. Even days you'll want to wear water shoes or something since the motor boats will create a wake that washes right up to where your standing. I typically "try" for bass, but I'm under the impression that saugeye will bite many of the lures used for bass.

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts