close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fished Chagrin.

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by steelheadBob, Jan 13, 2009.

1. steelheadBob

steelheadBob Robs Guide Service

got off work early so i headed out with fisherman419 to the lower chagrin, and even ran into goby. The lower-lower chagrin was froze up good but found some good open water. slush was kinda bad but was able to get into open pockets. Water color was off and had good flow. Caught all our fish on white and pink sucker spawn. I snagged one fish by the float that was hanging out his mouth and 419 got on with a big silver plug with 15 pound test hanging out his mouth, it was a strange afternoon LOL Heres a couple of pics from my phone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. steelheadBob

steelheadBob Robs Guide Service

Ohhhhhhhh, and 419 caught the tiny, tiny, tiny steel i ever seen. LOLOL sorry dude, had to say it.

3. vkutsch

vkutsch You scratched my anchor!

Got out this morning, went 3/6 on jig+mag. Thought the river was as clear as I've seen it this year. Caught one of my nicest ever, a real horse. Water was cold! Gonna be hard to find open water for a while.

4. Way to go Bob and Vkutsch, finding the open water is a big part of the battle right now.

Got out yesterday for an hour and a half. Caught 4, lost 1, missed 2 more. Caught my biggest ever, a dark buck, a real pig over 31" and thick. Another one about 28" was fresh chrome and broke water 3 times and went on some very powerful runs. I was very impressed at how hard it fought in this cold water. Vkutsch is right on, the water was very clear. All fish came on olive or black jigs/mags. Most spots upstream are locking up, not too much fishable water.

5. Dock Time

Dock Time Senior Member

How do you guys keep the guides from freezing up in these temperatures? I love fishing in the cold, especially because you get more water to yourself, but the ice just drives me crazy.

Help?

Dock Time

6. Hahahaha. Yep Def the smallest one Ive ever caught! Was a good day on the river tho. Thanks for the call again Bob.

7. vkutsch

vkutsch You scratched my anchor!

Dock, Yesterday was actually the first time in a month I never had to clear my guide.

Elk, I almost came the day before when you were there, nice spot, eh? Joel tell you they turned on again that one day as soon as he left... I'm gonna start paying him to come out for 5 minutes and then leave!