close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fished Berlin wed.night...

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by steelheadBob, Jul 22, 2004.

1. steelheadBob

steelheadBob Robs Guide Service

Me and the wife went out to berlin last night and fished the deadfalls in mill creek, only found a couple of crappies, so around dark we went up to badell bridge where we seen some guys fishing off the bridge with a lantern hanging down and they where killing the crappie, so i hung my lantern off the other side and parked the boat under the bridge between the two lanterns and dawm did we go through 4 dozen of minnows quick... We managed to take home a full fish basket of 6-10 crappie, with the wife catching the biggest one,,,13 1/2 incher, and im still hearing about it today.
    But the strange thing was i have never seen n e thing like this in my life,, around dark time the top of the water came alive, with minnows... millions of them...as we where going back to the ramps at the campground from the bridge, the top of the water looked like it was boiling... for a 1/4 of a mile long, i have never seen bait fish like this, you couldnt see 1 inch into the water they where so thick.... I wish i had my camcorder!!!!!! put it this way, the top of the water looked like a big slab of concrete from the reflection of the minnows..

2. Interesting! I've seen similiar things at Berlin before. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun!! Good job!

3. steelheadBob

Im just pissed she got the bigger fish, shes even telling the lady at the store.......AAAAHHHHHHHH, women!!!!!!!!!

4. ahh but that's a good thing, then she'll want to go more often!

5. steelheadBob

And my limit of fish is double, ha ha ha, just as long as she doesnt figure that out...... If ya know what i mean!!!!

6. TheSportsGuyDM

TheSportsGuyDM Dallas Moyer

My brother and I saw the same thing a month ago at Salt Fork Lake north of Cambridge last month. Right before dark, after the baramoter fell like seven points, we came across a post wheree the water seemed to boil and found a massive school of white bass feeding on minnows and small shad. We were throwing gold Mepps spinners and caught upwards of 80 white bass in around an hour's time. At one point, we had caught a fish on 15 consecutive casts. We lest with about 50 fish, enough to fill 9 quart size freezer bags. I have never seen anything like it.