close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fished @ Alum

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by gone2fish, Mar 9, 2005.

1. I fished at Alum (spillway) on Monday. It was windy and got rained on, but what the heck the fish are already wet. I fouled hooked 2 saugeyes in the 4 to 5 lb range which I returned to the water to maybe catch another day. I was able to land 2 which hit my jigs. The wind made detecting the light bites very challengeing. Because of the front moving in, the temperature was dropping so I stopped fishing around 7:30pm. Hope to get back up this weekend.

2. saugeyeslayer

saugeyeslayer The tug is the drug

wish i could do so much as to get a bite...let alone fowl hook and release.....and to do so well as to catch two?? thats CRAZY!!!
    lol nice job on the 2 eyes...
    - the SLAYER!

3. Treesnagger

Treesnagger & avid squirrel fisherman

Hi all, new to the sight. Gone2fish...what colors where you using? I'm thinking about taking the kid out tomorrow if he can stand the cold. In another couples weeks we shouldn't have to worry about the weather.....I hope.

4. I was using orange "twister tail" type of grubs. I had 2 tied in-line with 1/8 ahead of an 1/16 separated about 12 to 14 inches. I tried 2 8th's but that seemed to be to heavy for the water level and the light biting saugeyes.

5. EE

EE

gone2fish,
    I'm curious about your thoughts of putting the 1/8 ahead of the 1/16, why not the other way around?
    thanks,
    eek

6. gonefishin'

gonefishin' Lifestyle Farmer

Hey treesnagger, sounds like we fish alike. Welcome to the site. Last time I was out I remember checking out the trees to decide where to cast first. I just need more practice.

7. bones

bones blah-blah-blah

hey gonefishin and treesnagger i was reading about this little r.c.boat that you tie you lure on then you can make it go and drop your lure anywhere up to 500ft away.that way you can avoid the trees and it will pay for itself in about 15-20years.ha-ha-ha :D :D

8. I learned the hard way, fish do not live in trees!!

9. any news on what is happening at buckeye lake. are the stripers or eyes hitting yet?

10. In answer to why I put the smaller (lighter) jig at the end is that I want the lightest jig to act as a trailer. The lighter jig will tend to have more movement when not tied between the heavier jig and the rod tip. I do not use a dropper line. All my jigs are tied inline. Hope that helps.

11. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

anyone happens to see what the lake water temps is??
    i was wonderin'.. thanks guys..

12. Not sure about the main lake, but the outflow temp is 37.5 F. Notice how far it falls below the normal range for this time of year.

13. Water temp on the resevior are 37.5-38. did find readings of 42 in some protected coves. Majority of the ice in coves was gone

14. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

these coves wouldn't be on the southeast end of the lake, would it?? :)
    thanks a bunch guys. if you 2 ever need my rescue service, its on the house.. :D

15. The only ice i saw was in the williams pond cove(sailboat club docks) and the cove where the watercraft dock is.