Ohio Game Fishing banner

Fishaholic add Saugeye to the HEN list

724 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Fishaholic69 
#1 ·
Waded a submerged road this morning for a couple hours...guy was catching 12-18" (or so) Saugeye behind me about 30 yards or so.

After catching 30-40 Crappie and 2 bruiser sized Bluegills, (one was only about 7" but I would bet it was 4" thick...like a little football, wish I had my camera...odd looking little guy) I decided to turn a bit to the left and cast the Hares Ear Nymph off into the deeper water. I let it settle down to 3-4 under and let it drift anlong for about 45 seconds and wham a fiesty little 7-8" Saugeye nailed it.

I was kind of glad it wasn't a larger one as I was only using the 3wt.

Thats the first Saugeye I have ever caught...might grab the 5 wt and target some tomorrow am...they quite biting right after I got that one, the other guy moved on right after as well as he quit catching too.

#2 ·
good job! i don't know if i ever caught one of those before or not? I fish for walleye on my boat in the lake all the time. but never heard of any in the rivers. what river were u on? so does it look just like a walleye?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.