Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a tribute to Old Stinky Guy, I'd like to hear other good fishin' lies errr, I mean stories, lol.

Mine: I was on a houseboat weekend at Ky Lake, trailing several fishing boats behind. (Yes, there was some alcohol involved.)

We were doing a slow cruise, looking for a likely spot to tie off the houseboat. One buddy and I thought: boat going slow, let's troll.

The guy driving the boat was "that guy". Had to always drive the boat, had to try to make all decisions, we've all known one like him, I guess.

Anyway, despite knowing two of us were trolling, he decided it was time to go full speed upon rounding a point. So of course, that's when I get a strike.

I set the hook about the time the engines catch (of course "that guy" had to go immediately to full throttle). So here comes Mr. Largemouth, flying out of the air, and into one of the trailing boats!

I laughingly told my buddies to give me time, and I'd fill all three boats!

·
Registered
129 Posts
How about an OSG story. About ten years ago I decided to explore the east fork of todds fork. Ill name it because its not really that good fishing. So if ya go I told you so. Too shallow compared to Todds Fork. Well anyways I see this guy and he's got this little flyrod like six feet long. Turns out he made it out of the tip end of a garage sale flyrod with a bad handle. So he's cut two feet off and has this little fly rod and is on his knees behind this big rock with not much more than the leader out. No way to go around I wade up and introduce myself. The leaders hand tied from like six different diameters. The flies are the smallest Ive ever seen like size 24's. there is a fly box full of them. What's he fishing for? Minnows. Three inch minnows. For four hours with every bit of the tackle hand made. And we are in the middle of nowhere a long long ways from the road. Nothing surprises me anymore, every time I've run into him it's been wierd.

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
When i was younger, my dad and i went to Ceasars Creek in the canoe..we were fishing off a point for crappie in about 15 foot of water...my dad got his jig hung up and as he was trying to paddle with one hand and hold the rod in the other, he lost his grip on the rod and in the lake it went...he was pissed because it was his favorite and only ultralight spinning rod. So we tied off to a nearby log and he tied on a large treble hook with a few large split shots and started casting for it in hopes of snagging the pole or line...I,on the other end of the canoe went on crappie fishing...we both casted for a good 20 minutes...finally ..i got a hit..and then my dad"s pole doubled over at the same time..my dad was overjoyed cuz he thought he snagged his pole and started bringing it in..except the "pole" was fighting back!! Meanwhile, im fighting my fish, which seems to be a whopper of a crappie! We both land our catches...and to our amazement..my DAD hooked a nice 14"crappie...on a treble hook! I reeled in my "fish"...only to see that i caught my dads FISHIN POLE!!!...my single hook jig was perfectly through the last eye on his ultralight!! It was hilarious!...we still laugh about that today

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
How about an OSG story. About ten years ago I decided to explore the east fork of todds fork. Ill name it because its not really that good fishing. So if ya go I told you so. Too shallow compared to Todds Fork. Well anyways I see this guy and he's got this little flyrod like six feet long. Turns out he made it out of the tip end of a garage sale flyrod with a bad handle. So he's cut two feet off and has this little fly rod and is on his knees behind this big rock with not much more than the leader out. No way to go around I wade up and introduce myself. The leaders hand tied from like six different diameters. The flies are the smallest Ive ever seen like size 24's. there is a fly box full of them. What's he fishing for? Minnows. Three inch minnows. For four hours with every bit of the tackle hand made. And we are in the middle of nowhere a long long ways from the road. Nothing surprises me anymore, every time I've run into him it's been wierd.
Was it OSG you ran into? Just trying to clarify...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Just last sunday i was flat line trolling for wallyes got a hit with broke off, 30 seconds later i got a hit on my other rod when i bring it up ive got my first line. Tangled in the treble hooks of my 2nd crank. I got my lure back and it had a throwback walleye

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.