Fish Species at Hoover (question)

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by ajangsta04, Nov 30, 2008.

1. I was just wonder which kinds of fish produce well at Hoover.

Ive read some reports about White Bass and I've got a good amount of crappie there.

I will be fishing form shore. Any inputs?

I know I can look this info up on ODNR's website but it's better hearing what people are catching there.

Also I just got into saugeye fishing, could anyone point me in the right direction?

2. I do love catching cats of all species. Do the carp get big in Hoover? I've caught some monsters over at the lower part of Griggs in the summer.

3. I hear a lot of people talk about getting a lot of nice saugeye out of Hoover, I have always done well for Crappie up around Oxbow Rd. As of late I have not had much luck out of Hoover.

They water is down so far and I dont know of many places to fish. Went up to the spillway yesterday to no avail, not so much as a hit. I was throwing a strike king 2 inch white twister and a few different shallow cranks (shad and perch)

Hopefully one of the folks on here that fish from the bank will get ya some more positive feedback cause I sure could use it too.....:G