Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the bite is on.:B We went out Saturday hit some spots on the big river then went up into Devols. Water temps on the Ohio varied from 49.2 to 51.0.
-Ohio River total 3 fish (6.10 lb., 5.8lb, 6.7 lb.)
-We hit Devols mid morning temp was 54 deg I think. We had a 10 plus pounder break off on the first cast. The big fish are starting to push up into the white water holes.
Muskingum total 5 fish All but 1 fish over 5 lb.. A few whities and small hybrids. and 1 walleye. water is up over the point on the track side and moving very fast. I say give it a couple days and water will be perfect for boating up to the holes. We had a hard time hooking up with the anchor. Lots more to discuss please reply. I haven't slept in 2 days (damn hybrids) LOL. Pics will be coming today if I can figure out how to post:D

·
Moving water...
658 Posts
Sweet. Looking forward to the pics and the pending water drop. It's getting close to fishable down here, but I think we still have a few days yet too. It's still about 15' above normal pool.

Are you catching them on bottom? What lures/baits were you using?

CW

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet. Looking forward to the pics and the pending water drop. It's getting close to fishable down here, but I think we still have a few days yet too. It's still about 15' above normal pool.

Are you catching them on bottom? What lures/baits were you using?

CW
Walleye assasin of course, 3/8 to 1/8 oz. head depending on flow. Yes the fish on the muskingum were all caught bouncing the bottom. Around 8'. Mustard yellow with an orange head.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts