close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

fish ohio

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by midnight, May 10, 2008.

1. what is this years fish ohio pin..........not that i will get one :p just wondering.........mid

2. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

09' PIN will be represented by the SAUGER

3. Say i catch a 13" crappie, what do i need to do in order to get my fish ohio pin?

4. head to the Fish Ohio website, fill out the form, and when they go through all the forms they will send you the pins you earned for that year.

5. BlueBoat98

BlueBoat98 Where's Waldo?

6. Thanks guys, i saw the form but wasn't sure how you were suppose to prove what ya caught. Now to go catch something pin worthy.

7. BlueBoat98

BlueBoat98 Where's Waldo?

While we're on the subject, what's everyone's opinion about the qualifying sizes? I personally think at least some are too low. For example, I catch several 9" Bluegill/Sunfish every years without even trying. A 21" Saugeye is very common. A thirteen inch Crappie is a good one, but not really rare in some waters. The 28" limit on Walleye is low on Erie but probably appropriate inland. I'm not in any way opposed to the program, just interested in how they arrived at some of these sizes.

See you out there.

MC

8. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

I think they probably are trying to get more participation in the program by having the sizes set as they are. They are not necessarily targeting hardcore anglers. It will encourage people to fish more, especially younger people when they get the pins.

As opposed to something like the In-Fisherman Master Angler program, which is targeting the more hardcore anglers because they are probably subscribing to the magazine already and have a vested interest in the spot when they submit their catches. Thus the sizes are slightly higher.

9. For those that might have a problem with the "form" and "print" request on the Fish Ohio site, please be advised they are working to correct it. It seems that about 5% of our browsers are causing a glitch. Ray Petering, Dir. of Ohio Fisheries, informs me of the following: "For those that experience problems similar to yours e-mail Vicki Farus at vicki.farus@dnr.state.oh.us with the details of their catch, and she will e-mail them a certificate. Hopefully we will have the issue rectified soon."

Long Barbels

10. Capital outdoorsman

Capital outdoorsman day late, dollar short

I've been in ohio for 3 years and have only managed fish ohios on a couple of catfish that I wasn't even targetting. I've gotten several 12.5 inch crappie and no saugeye that were even close.

11. Capital outdoorsman

Capital outdoorsman day late, dollar short

I just checked the size and unbeknownst to me, I have also had a couple FO white bass. Go figure.

12. the easiest way is by carp fishing I would say.

I would not be surprised if our dear friend crappielooker paid his way back to Indonesia after he sold all the copper he had from those pins

also, going to La Su An almost guarantees FO sunfish, at least thats what I heard.

13. I think that they could raise the size of a FO Saugeye to around 24" instead of 21"