Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't registered a "Fish Ohio" for sometime but its appears to me that the list of "fish types" has gotten smaller so I'm assuming that:
Crappie = black & white crappie??
Sunfish = anything in the bluegill family??
Carp = all species including White Amur (grass carp), not sure about this one!!???

There are only 20 types of fish on the" Fish Ohio" list but Ohio has about 175 different species!

I'm guessing that the state just picked the 20 most common caught fish...

What do you guys think?

·
Fisherman
2,352 Posts
seems like you can just put a request in without catching a single fish and still get the pin. needs to be redone somehow.
as for the species question, well, thats how it works pretty much. and since some offshoots grow faster than the other, it may be easier to get a fish ohio for one while its harder for the other.

·
Registered
372 Posts
When I was young, I caught a 9" sunfish... of some kind... from a pond down the road from our house. I wasn't even sure what kind it was at all, but it definitely was a sunfish. It was like a greenish-yellow, but with glazed-over eyes, and was flecked with ghost white scales. Sounds sorta like a Zombie Bluegill to me! ;)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Ya I know. But the weird thing was, I had caught the same fish months before then, but I didn't officially measure it. My cousin had also caught it on an earlier occasion. Every time he was caught he looked exactly the same... Green, with white flecks, and freaky glazed-over eyes. We called him "The Phantom." Lol... I could post a pic of him tomorrow if y'all would like

·
Registered
372 Posts
I doubt that he was sick... He seemed very healthy whenever he was caught, just weird-looking

1 - 10 of 10 Posts