close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fish Ohio Pin

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by GOTEM', Jun 6, 2007.

1. GOTEM'

GOTEM' K C C O

I sent out my fish ohio form about a month and a half ago and haven't got anything back. I was woundering if anyone knew how long it usually takes? b/c a month and a half seems to be a real long time. Sould I just fill the fish ohio form out again online, does it come faster, or should I just wait a couple more days? Does anyone know, I want my pin!! haha

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. They used to wait until the end of the year - see how many - order them and you would get them about March.

So if it's still like that - March of 08.

3. we always do ours online, print the certificate and tape it to the wall. I'm saldy enough looking at 3 right now for my husband. 2 of same species though. I have yet to get one this year. It takes a long time to get that pin. You'll forget all about it then one day it'll come in the mail. LOL!

4. yup, it takes a long time! At least 6 months has been my experience...just be patient!

5. Hi Guys,

As you know I'm new to fishing but some day I hope to qualify for a pin. I checked out the pins briefly on the ODNR site. I was wondering, do you need to provide a picture of the catch? Do you need to have a ruler next to the fish? I ask because I do catch and release and I don't want to keep the fish out too long. If I do have to take a pic, can I keep the fish in the net in water?

Some day I hope I get a pin!!! Thanks as always for your terrific response. Steph

6. I am sure that if you keep trying you will get a fish that qualifies... and no you dont have to have a picture or anything.. they go by the honor system...

7. GOTEM'

GOTEM' K C C O

Thanks for all the info, this was my first year catching a fish ohio, i never really paid attention to it b4 and now its like crack to me, you want to catch more and more of them. For me they seem to just pop up.

8. Pigsticker

Pigsticker State record bass or bust

I've got 10 FO's this year. 6 different species that I submitted online also and don't expect anything till next year. After all New Breed works there:p , how fast could they be?

9. Steph, depending what you fish for will determine how easy it will be to get a Fish Ohio. Some of the easier ones to get would be carp (26"), channel cat (26") and sunfish (9"). White bass is 16" and is pretty easy to get if you fish some of the better white bass areas during the spawning run. Last year on the Ohio River I caught 40 white bass that would of qualified for FO in one day. If you fish in-land areas smallie is tough to get at 20". I have caught alot of 18"-19" fish but 20" could easily be gotten on Erie. Largemouth is 21" and I don't really fish for LM bass so I couldnt tell ya how hard that would be to come by. I have only submitted one fish ever for FO and it was a 10lb walleye I caught out of the Ohio River when I was 13. The pin that year had a musky on it and I still have it. Good luck traking down your first FO.

Jake

10. I want me some fish bling!
    Thanks for the great info. I'll be especially on the lookout for qualifiers of carp, cats, and sunfish, since I do catch those more easily. I printed off the chart and put it in my tackle box. I can't wait to qualify for my first FO pin! Thanks for the info...Stephanie

11. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

patience my grasshopper...remember that pigsticker>??? i said cricket.:eek: