close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fish Ohio Pin?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Rooster, Apr 2, 2005.

1. I received a Fish Ohio Pin today. I sent in 5 fish Ohio’s, and have only received on Certificate. The Pin is for Walleye, but I did not turn in a Walleye Fish Ohio. Is this normal? Thanks, I have never turned in the Fish Ohio Awards prior to last year.

2. Yes, it is normal. You get a certificate one month, a pin next month, Master Angler next month...Last year I had to call in May and ask where my Fish Ohio and Master Angler pins were. The reply was that they were short staffed. I am not complaining, I am sure they were short staffed. If you donot get what you earned, call.

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

The pins are the same no matter what species you catch..They change the fish on the pins each year.

4. I sent in a 2005 fish ohio 2 weeks ago. Then yesterday got a pin in the mail and it was the 2004 pin that i already have :rolleyes:

5. Thanks, it is free, so I guess that I can’t complain. However, I was a little disappointed that it is such a GURLY :p fish like a walleye. I was hoping for a smallie, or even better a flathead!

6. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

Marshall, the same thing happened to me. Weird

7. you can t get awards for 5 fish,only 4. then you qualify for master angler award too. i got another two pins today also.3 reg pins and a master pin like last year.nice pins

8. Just wondering if anyone from this forum has a 2005 master they would be willing to sell.

9. go look on ebay.write in.... fish ohio pin

10. I did and that ones not listed, I am just expanding my searching by asking around on this site

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  11. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

The way it is supposed to work: You get 1 FO pin no matter how many different species you submit. You can get a certificate for all species submitted. After you get 4 different species you get 1 master pin.

12. yea,i don t know why i got 2 extra regular pins. usually its 1 reg and 1 master.

13. How do you get a fish ohio pin?

14. What's the 2011 pin goingto be? It's not on the website and I sent an email to ODNR but haven't gotten an answer yet...it's only been a couple days.

15. I am not exactly sure, there used to be more predictability to it cause they would repeat species of fish every 10 years. They haven't had a muskellunge, rainbow trout, crappie, or rock bass for a while, I am guessing one of those.

16. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

Fella's the program designates ONE fish SPECIE each year to represent the face of the pin. If you send in 100 qualifying fish you will only recieve one regular pin and one master pin. The certificates can be printed from your home pc.

17. I still haven't heard from the ODNR but I registered a 22" suageye and the cert is a white bass....so there ya' have it.

18. Some years back My son-in-law sent in two fish on the paper form in the fishing Regulations ...He recieved three Fish Ohio Pins..And was surprised to get a Master Anglers Pin a week later..So the people at the ODNR Headquarters are human just like the rest of us...JIM....CL....:B

19. I registered my fish back in March 2010 and still haven't received my pin. Did they mail out the pins for 2010 yet?