Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the beginning of July I fished for two days out of Connie. I caught a certificate walleye, perch, white bass, and drum during those two days. I went online and entered the information and printed out the certificates. It said that you get a pin for a certificate fish and another pin for catching four certificate fish in a year. I still haven't received anything in the mail, so I was wondering if I had done something wrong or possibly misunderstood the conditions for earning a pin. Maybe they just take a long time to receive? Anyone out there go through this process and get a pin? Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I believe you have to buy the pins, I could be wrong but you CAN get them however they don't GIVE them away.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Pushin' Tin
4,511 Posts
I didn't have to pay for mine. But I believe they send them all out at once towards the end of the year. I remember waiting quite a while as well...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Jay
2,245 Posts
You don't pay for them outright. Patients it will come.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Im Old Gregg!
1,281 Posts
as stated, you don't pay for them. i was told that they send the certificate pins out at the end of each season and then they send the master angler pins out at the end of the year. i have caught three Fish Ohio fish this summer so far and am also eagerly awaiting my pins, as i have never caught a fish ohio fish before this summer.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I appreciate the info. I don't mind waiting. I just wanted to make sure that I did everything right and that I could expect them.

·
Off The Hook
446 Posts
The pins are sent out quarterly and the master angler pin will come after the 1st of the year and you don't have to pay for them. I Also has 3 fish Ohio this year and haven't received my 1st pin yet.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm sure some one knows better than me, but I thought the way I read it was you can get 1 pin for a winning size fish. The only other way to get another pin for that year was to catch 4? different species over the size limits and that would get you 1 master angler pin for the year.

·
Jay
2,245 Posts
I've gotten one per fish ohio then some years just one then master angler

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I'm sure some one knows better than me, but I thought the way I read it was you can get 1 pin for a winning size fish. The only other way to get another pin for that year was to catch 4? different species over the size limits and that would get you 1 master angler pin for the year.
This is exactly what the website says.

I'm not too sure about them sending pins out quarterly. I caught my first FO for the year in April, and still haven't received my pin. I'm guessing it will probably come in January. I still need 2 more for a master angler.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

1 - 12 of 12 Posts