close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fish in the house

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Yoyof2, Jan 11, 2018.

1. I see a lot of people posting pics of their catch in the kitchen. Fish in the sink, measured on the counter even filleted on the table. I've never tried it but I would assume my wife would kick my a**. Am I the weird one? Is there advantages. I wouldn't want to deal with the mess

Junebug2320, BFG, TDD11 and 1 other person like this.
  2. twistedcatfish1971

twistedcatfish1971 Fish fire food friends family

I'm in the same boat...fish in the house! Not happening lol...my catch goes straight to the backyard or next door @ my buddies house. Remember a happy wife a happy LIFE LOL!

3. Saugeye Tom

Saugeye Tom Attorney extraordinaire

My wife don't care, its food. I choose to clean outside but if it's raining or cold ....inside.

fastwater and cement569 like this.
  4. When I remodeled my kitchen, i saved a giant chunk of my counter top and cut a hole in the middle so I can stick a garbage bag up in the hole. Clean the fish and down the shoot goes the carcass. I do this in my basement because my wife hates the smell of the fish being cleaned. If i only had a few fish, I am sure I could get away with cleaning them in the kitchen.

5. What I do is take 2 of the big scented candles on each side as I clean, and really helps no smell in kitchen

rickerd and TDD11 like this.
  6. my wife doesn't care if i clean my fish inside, but i get to clean the mess when I'm done. i have cleaned them in nice weather before, but that was many many yrs ago. I've always cleaned them during the ice season when i ice fished. now i never clean them indoors.
    sherman

cement569 and fastwater like this.
  7. i have never cleaned fish in the house, however i have brought meat in bowl to kitchen sink to rinse when to cold outside . i either clean outside or in the garage. been this way now going on 42 years we been together

Burkcarp1 likes this.
  8. I have cleaned fish in my house for over 30 years. alwas clean my mess up, my wife really don't mind because..... sometimes she helps me fillet them. gotta love a gal like that, shes a keeper

sherman51, fastwater, Rich B and 2 others like this.
  9. The key is to set a precedent. I've butchered an entire beef on my kitchen table, and more deer than I can remember. After 20 years it doesn't even get a second glance. You have to act like she's crazy for even questioning it. :D

10. CFIden

CFIden

I only clean them inside during ice season. Wife isn't exactly thrilled but I don't ask her to go outside to smoke in the winter either. Just ask that she stand buy the stove with the vent on high. I do clean up after myself but those scales do tend to get places I don't understand.

sherman51, Skippy and cement569 like this.
  11. FOSR

FOSR name of Alex

I was at one office job where a guy would microwave leftover salmon in the break room. Management told him to stop that.

cement569 likes this.
  12. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

[​IMG]

crappiedude and Saugeye Tom like this.
  13. 3 dog Ed

3 dog Ed Where’s the bass?

M.magis has done it right. Unfortunately I have not!!

14. I resemble that method...

15. There are times I clean outside...times inside.
    Guess my wife is just used to it.

sherman51 and cement569 like this.
  16. I do not see the need to clean fish in my kitchen. Never ever considered it. Wife or no wife. Also do not understand the guys posing with dead fish for pictures in the living or dining room.

17. Clean them outside or depending on the weather, they get cleaned in my workshop. Into the kitchen for a final rinse then my wife will vac seal them. My wife won't clean them o_Oo_O,, that's my job. :eek::eek:

crappiedude likes this.
  18. just have a couple of questions if you don't mind. and no I'm not trying the be a smart a$$. just want to know. do you ice fish? do you have a warm place to clean your fish caught in freezing weather? thanks.
    sherman

MIGHTY likes this.
  19. I've got a 10' counter top on base cabinets that were damaged at Home Depot,(found them cheap) in the garage that I use. I have brought the frozen fish in a bag into the house to thaw and cleaned in the garage. To each his own though.

sherman51 likes this.
  20. I have a fold up game table with a sink you attach a hose to. My wife will allow NO dead animals in the house until they are cleaned. if its nice out the table is set up in the driveway, if its not nice then in the garage. I have a hose bib in the garage too, for running water to the table when I'm in there.