close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fish ID questions

Discussion in 'Panfish Discussions' started by Jonathan Nutt, Jun 10, 2017.

1. I've been going through some of my old fish pictures and sorting them by species. I was wondering if you all could help me ID some sunfish here that I am second guessing. The first is a large gill that my buddy caught while we were fishing a small creek near canton Ohio a few years back. It may not be obvious in the picture, but my dude has huge hands and this was one of the bigger sunfish I've seen.[​IMG] I was pretty sure at the time it was a bluegill but after seeing pictures of different hybrid sunfish I'm not certain. Any help would be appreciated IMG_20130729_154850_548.jpg

2. Looks like a long eared sunfish to me but I could be wrong.

3. AtticaFish

AtticaFish Jiggin Freak

I would guess either a bluegill/green sunfish cross or a bluegill/warmouth cross....... heavy on the bluegill.

I've caught some that look almost identical to that and always wondered what they were. Even posted on here in the past. Have the size of an adult bluegill but that BIG mouth and bright yellow fin tip colors of a green sunfish or warmouth...... so i assume they are likely a hybrid. This is one i caught earlier this year:

[​IMG]

4. Looks like a green sunfish

5. Hybrid bluegill/green sunfish

6. Definately a Hybrid bluegill. (Bluegill green sunfish cross) i have them in my pond. Have caught several over 11" from my pond.

zaraspook likes this.