Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Stick fish angler
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone could give a definite on this fish, at first I was thinking blue because of the color but then after considering it I'm guessing just a blue channel. I tried to look it up and saw about the difference in anal fins but still inconclusive because of the way I'm holding it. Quite the dirty little fella too! Thanks for the help!

Little later that evening

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Definately a Channel Cat, this time of year the Males get a very dark purple head on them. The bottom bicture looks like abullhead but without seeing the tail, cant be sure, ( Channel is forked, Bullhead is square) I have caught bright yellow channels before when they are on the mud bottom with leaches all over them.
Salmonid

·
Registered
537 Posts
First one is a bullhead and second is a channel for sure. I dont like lippin those little bullheads. They has a nasty grip once they shut their mouths lol. If I am cattin late into the night I usually wake up with a bloody thumb from those little guys lol.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
agreed, bottom is a bullhead, and others are channel

·
Stick fish angler
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hehe, I really need to start being more specific. I knew the second was a bullhead just needed an ID on the first. Thanks though!

·
Amateur legend
3,009 Posts
you won't find many blues north of the ohio river

1 - 9 of 9 Posts