Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OGF Members,

Details are set for the Fish Huron Ohio WALLEYE CHALLENGE - Saturday October 3, 2009.

OPEN TOURNAMENT limited to the first 60 teams.
$200 entry fee per team includes entry to Big Walleye contest.

Maximum of 6 rods in the water. Team size can be from 2 to 6 people and a 2 person team will be limited by Ohio law to 4 rods in the water.

See Full details at the www.fishhuronohio.com website.

REGISTRATION Opens Monday August 3. Online registration only via the Fish Huron Ohio website.

PAYOUTS: ALL PAYOUTS GUARANTEED
1rst $2,500
2nd $1,700
3rd $1,300
4th $1,000
5th $800
6th $600
7th $400
8th $300
9th $200
Big Walleye $500 2nd Big Walleye $300 (both guaranteed)

Fish Huron Site (note there is a PERCH CHALLENGE also on Sept 12)
http://www.fishhuronohio.com/

SPECIFICS FOR WALLEYE CHALLENGE
http://www.fishhuronohio.com/assets/PDF/Fish Huron Ohio Walleye Guidelines.pdf

REGISTRATION LINK WILL GO LIVE ON AUG 3

Steve Carlson

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We have two Contingency Awards to announce for the WALLEYE Challenge:

1) Western Basin Sportfishing Association (WBSA) - will be offering the same contingency award that they are offering at the Hawgfest. The highest finishing team with at least one WBSA club member will receive a CASH bonus direct from WBSA. If the team has ONE WBSA club member the bonus will be $100. If there are two or more WBSA members on the team the bonus will be $200 CASH. You can get details on the WBSA at www.wbsa.us

2) South Shore Marine will be offering a $200 gift certificate to the highest finishing team fishing from a boat purchased from South Shore Marine within the past 3 years. www.southshoremarine.com

AWARDS PARTY FOOD
I5's Bar & Restaurant - located at the Huron Boat Basin will be supplying food for the anglers after the weigh-in. We will present awards on I5's patio after the weigh-in is complete. For those looking for a place to hang out on Friday / Saturday nights I5's has a great menu, drinks, and entertainment. Please let the staff at I5's know you are there BECAUSE of the fishing tournament. www.i5sbar.com

Steve Carlson

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As of Friday August 21 we have 31 confirmed registrations for the WALLEYE CHALLENGE set for Saturday October 3 at the Huron Boat Basin. The field will be limited to 60 teams.

http://fishhuronohio.com/fishhuron-registrations.html

For anyone that enjoys the Walleye Central Get Together in Huron in late October - this event is the main fundraiser to help support Walleye Central coming to OHIO.

We are expecting a 40+ pound winning weight for 5 walleye so come on out and have some fun.

Additionally we will be making a donation to a local charity CANCER SERVICES.

Steve Carlson

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can u drink beer????
Other than the rod limit of a maximum of 6 rods in use and the takeoff and checking procedures outlined in the rules, the only "rules" for this event are that you must follow the State of Ohio and Federal USCG rules. I've always believed that as much as possible an "Open" tournament which this event is should be as much like a "normal" fishing day as possible to keep things fun. As long as you follow State & Federal laws you can do whatever you want. Note there are some pretty specific rules related to alcohol at the Huron Boat Basin which are posted that also need to be followed.

I'd encourage you to support our sponsors including J-n-J Harbor Drive Thru on Main Street in Huron when stocking up on tackle and your coolers and please support I5's to enjoy some cold beverages of your choice afterwards (and Friday night...)

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As of this morning, Wednesday September 9th we have 42 confirmed registrations for the WALLEYE CHALLENGE - leaving on 18 spots...don't get left out!
Steve Carlson

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As of Monday morning Sept 14 there are only 11 spots remaining for the Oct 3 Fish Huron WALLEYE CHALLENGE.

BASED ON THE ENTRIES & SUPPORT WE'VE RECEIVED SO FAR I'M ALSO ANNOUNCING THAT ALL PAYOUTS WE'VE LISTED ARE GUARANTEED. A TOTAL OF $9,600 CASH WILL BE PAID OUT INCLUDING THE $2,500 FIRST PLACE PRIZE WITH THE TOP 4 SPOTS PAYING OVER $1,000.

See you there...
Steve Carlson

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Best bet would be a dock at the Huron Boat Basin - site of takeoff and weighin. Call Doug Steinwart at the Boat Basin 419 433 4848. Also the contact info for other local marinas is on the www.fishhuronohio.com website

We took the 50th registration last night on Sept 15th.

Also thanks to Chip Cartwright owner of Silver Streak tackle for kicking in a prize package worth $100 of spoons and harness blades. This prize will go to the 3rd biggest walleye.

Steve

·
Dr Data
732 Posts
EyeDriveUReel is in and I will be in town Thurs and Friday in case anyone wants to get together before the tourney to get a bite to eat/socialize

Brian

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
As of Friday Sept 18 at 10AM we have 54 confirmed registrations.

Good luck to all that are fishing the Hawg Fest this weekend.
Steve

1 - 20 of 31 Posts