Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there are any fish hatcheries near medina like that one that used to be off of rt.162 where you can pay to fish for the day. I want to take my nephew somewhere to get him interested in the sport and don't want him to get skunked and lose interest. I remember when I was younger going to that place off rt.162 with my dad and how much fun I had. I asked my dad and he said it closed down a little while back. He thought there was one up near 303 but I can't find any info. Anybody know of it or somewhere else near?

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Take him on the Lindae Mae for perch sometime in the next 6 weeks. The perch are / will be biting very well.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Why not take him to Bass lakes in Doylestown? I have never fished
there but have a buddy that takes his son out there to catch catfish.
His sons only 5 or 6.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Any place with a good population of blue gill would be great too. I take my 2 year old to wellington reservoir and he sometimes out fish the old man.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the ideas guys, Evil do you have anymore info on bass lakes? I can't find any online.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Bass Lakes are off route 585 and Moine road just outside of Doylestown. I do not know their hours I haven't fished there in a long time. Search under Bass Lakes in NE section there are some threads about it.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
get in the odnr site and get there trout stocking dates and when. they even give you directions. thats when i take my grandkids

1 - 7 of 7 Posts