close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

fish goals for 2005?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Rooster, Jan 1, 2005.

1. Each year I like to set a few target fish. Last year, I was looking for a 6LB largemouth (caught a 6.5LBER), a 30LB flathead (only got a 28LBER), and a Fish Ohio river smallie (think that I might have lost a few LOL). This year I'm looking for a 7LB largemouth, 35LB flathead, and a Fish Ohio river smallie. I have also been looking for a 20LB Ohio River striper for a few years now (this just might be the year). Anyone else set goal fish each year?

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

My only goal is to catch alot more fish than I did last year..I need to change tactics, because my old ways are no longer working.

3. traphunter

traphunter Guest

I just hope to have a safe year and catch lots of fish.;)

4. I try to pick up a new technique year after year. I started fishing as a kid stuck on the bank and wading small streams in eastern Ohio. Was pretty limited by lures and so on. So When I got my boat, I tried to pick up one tech each year since. Next year.....carolina rigs or drop shots! And I got to get back to throwing more plastics, especially small ones.

Eric

5. Nickadams

Nickadams goenfurshen

My goal for this year is to follow the fish all year, and adapt faster when the patterns change. I want to better understand why what I am doing is or isn't working. Also to be the points lead for Midwest Sportsman for Central Ohio! :)

6. Going to try to get more floats in this year. thats all

7. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Well I'm going to give ice fishing a try again after 25+ years. Also going to float/fly fish this spring in Tenn. for smallies. Keep fishing the bass tournaments as always, hoping to win even more. Mastering the jig, and learning the drop shot system. Even gonna fish for crappies this year! Busy year ahead. Also gonna con shortdrift into a few Erie trips :D in his NEW boat.

8. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

My main goal this year is to just have a good time every time out and not get frustraded when im not doing well .

9. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I really would just like to improve on some of my personal best fish....I have not spent a whole lot of time fishing for bass or crappie this past year, so I want to try for more of a selection . I would like to beat out my personal best largemouth 7.5 lbs(pond) smallie 4 lbs(river) crappie 16.5 inches(strip pit) bluegill 10 inches(pond) channel cat 13.5 lbs(Tusc. 04) Flathead 37 lbs(Will's 04)

If I can beat out any of those, that would be great! I would also like to try fishing the Ohio River for the first tie for cats. Also would like to tangle with some more channels 10 lbs and over. I caught about 15 this year between the creeks I fish, the Tusc river, and the lakes I fish. That is the most over 10 in a single year since I started to catfish seriously the last few years. Also would like to catch more flatties this year. I only started to target them in 04 and I am hooked. I caught my PB and several others between 20 and 30 lbs. lots of smaller ones too. Also lost some big ones! :rolleyes: If i get more this year, I would be surprised, but never know! Ok is that enough goals???? :D

10. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

I intend to have more fun in 2005.

To insure better "luck" Magis and I have already started a program to increase the odds we will encounter monster flatheads :D
    I figure a lot of folks would never understand how we get so "lucky" each year. It involves preparation and hard work.

I doubt it will flood all year in 2005 so with more opportunities to fish, I should have more fun. :D

11. catking

catking Banned

Just to get back to the basics. Fishing with friends and having fun, minus all the past few years BS ;) ............CATKING

12. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

First I intend on retirering the ole BassTracker and getting a larger fiberglass rig. Secondly I want angler of the year in my club.(Got 2nd place this year) Thirdly I want a first place finish this year. I've had a 2nd and two 3rds last year. And fouth I'd lke to take my boys out fishing more.

13. devildog

devildog hardcore fisherman

Well I finally got my 8' jon boat so I plan on spending more time on the water learning new presentations. I'm addicted to fishing close to shore. I"d like to learn some open water techniques.

14. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

To catch a 10# plus bass in the next 2 weeks!!! (St John's river Fla)

Also, to remember to bring my camera evrytime I go out. I missed some pics of some nice fish this past year!

15. My goals for this year are 1) catch my first fish in my boat, 2) catch a couple of Fish Ohio fish (don't care what species) and 3) get the little boy I volunteer with addicted to fishing. :D Good Luck to all this year and I hope everyone can reach or exceed their goals.

16. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

to fish more tournaments and win one

17. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Katfish, you brought up a good point about the flooding! I want to learn Salt Fork for Flatties this year. Another one of my goals is to maybe get to meet some fellow OGFer's and maybe even fish with some! Also want to take my daughter out more this year! she will be 3 in Feb. so it will be even better than last year!