close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fish Finders

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fishintiger, Jun 22, 2004.

1. Now that I have a boat I need all the goodies that go along with it. What is a good fish finder for a beginner to have? I don't need anything that will show me the exact colors and patterns on the fish. Just something that will tell me there are fish around and about how deep they are. I am a little tight on money right now so a cheaper one is would be best but I am willing to invest in a good one if it is a good deal. Thanks guys/gals I know you all will help me out.

fishintiger

2. Bass_Hawg

Bass_Hawg Certified Hawg Master

I just bought the Garmin 120. It is packed with good features for the price. The unit cost like $120 I think. I am pleased with it.

Just my 2 cents

3. Eagle FishMark 480
    Bought one in the early spring. Pretty nice looking at them little arches (had a flasher unit before I bought this fish finder) and structure/cover. The 480 has a lot of features on it I will never use but it also has some features that I think will put me on the fish much faster.
    I'm not a person to say this is the best sonar on the market, because I don't know that much about all the bell's and whistles on these new sona units. But I like the 480, and for the $ think it's O.K. ----- Guess the ugly green box(flasher) has a new friend.
    If you would like to check out the FishMark go to www.eaglesonar.com
    Check out the down loads on their site. You can down load a sonar unit onto your computer and it works the same as the real fish finder.