close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fish Finder

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by sliderville, Jan 15, 2005.

1. If You Could Buy Any Fish Finder On The Market, What Would You Buy?

2. TxTransplant

TxTransplant Fishin Fool!

Ice or softwater?

Gene

3. Sorry. Should Have Know Better. It's For Softwater.

4. I've been looking into this recently myself. I posted a similar question a few weeks ago. I haven't bought yet, but I'm thinking of a combined GPS / Fishfinder from Lowrance. It's only about $300 from Bass Pro Shops. If you look at the Lowrance web site, they allow you to download software to simulate their depth finders -- using your computer like it was the depth finder. It's worth a look...

Chip

5. Should have said, the Lowrance model is the M56M. Here are the specs from BPS:

Lowrance® M56M S/Map Sonar/GPS Marine Mapping Combo

Lowrance® M56M S/Map Sonar/GPS Marine Mapping Combo
    Excellent choice in a high-performance, affordable monochrome sonar/GPS+WAAS marine mapping unit.

* High-vis, 240x160 pixel, 4" diagonal Film SuperTwist LCD display
    * 16-level gray scale with GRAYLINE®
    * Attractive new space-saving case design with newly advanced internal GPS+WAAS receiver/antenna
    * Special built-in Lowrance high-detail hydrographic mapping of lakes, rivers, Great Lakes, and U.S. coastal waters with nav aids
    * 800 watts peak-to-peak power with depths to 600'
    * 200 kHz Skimmer® transducer with built-in temp sensor and up to 60° of fish detection coverage
    * Manufacturer's full one-year warranty

6. Thank You. I'll Take A Look At Their Site.

7. MAINAH

MAINAH Little Member

I bought a Lowrance X71 at Cabela's end of summer tent salefor $83.00. I bought it for the price alone. I later came to find out that it is really nice, a friend has the same one. I had been looking for a while and new I could not afford a "good" one, the regular price was $289.00. I'll be hooking it up this winter, cant wait to see those marks on the screen..........FISH ON :)

8. I have found lowrance's 100c to be agreat buy 4 the price. about (450.00) . The color brings out amazing detail of structure, and baitfish , and gamefish including carp and my favorite cats. Since your too cool to go fishing with me Iguess my brief discription will have to do!

9. Food for thought. I do not think much of combo units. Nothing against the way they perform or anything like that. Its just the fact that if it breaks you do not have a gps or a fish finder. By running two independent machines it may save a trip for you a time or two. I would only consider a combo unit if room in the boat was extemely limited.

10. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Don't overlook the Raymarine intergrated units. They're kind of pricey but you can intergrate separate units ie, Sonar, GPS, Autopilot and Radar to function together.

The Garmin units are very nice also. Most have the ability to add Cartography maps off the shelf or you can make your own from downloadable CD's.
    These units offer a lot of bang for the buck.