close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fish Finder Installation

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by Nitro750, Jun 27, 2007.

1. A few weeks back I posted a thread regarding "How difficult is it to install a fish finder on the bow of a bassboat?" Anyway, it turned out to be a lot easier than I thought. I took my time and followed the directions that came with the unit. The only thing you may notice is that to install the transducer on the trolling motor you will need to follow the separate directions that come with the trolling motor mounting bracket. The mounting bracket had to be purchased seprately. $20.

Also, since I was wiring into an existing 12V power source, you will need to buy a 3 Amp inline fuze. The unit does not come with one yet the directions call for one so I had to run to Advance Auto parts and get one and some fuzes. Cost about $5.

Special Tools: If mounting to the deck, you will need to drill a 1" hole for routing the cables neatly to the power source and transducer. Fortunatly I had a 1 1/4" cutter that I used on another project. The 1 1/4" worked great.

You may also want to have some additional Zip Ties on hand. They only provided 4 or 5 with the transducer mounting bracked. I found that I needed several more to neatly secure the transducer cable.

Anyway, if I can do it so can you. It's not difficult if you take your time. It took me 2 hours and that is because I read and re-read the directions before drilling any holes or connecting any power to the unit. "Measure twice, cut once". I measured 12 times to cut once, just being extra cautious I guess.

Unit: Hummingbird 535
    Boat: 2005 Nitro NX750

2. Champion188 Elite

Champion188 Elite Smallie slayer

I knew you could do it!!!!!!!!! Now go find fish! And tell me where they are. LOL:D

3. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

the hardest part is drillin the 2 holes in the transom.

4. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

usually it not as bad as you think if you just follow the directions:p glad to hear your hooked up.