close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fish FInder Installation

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by DavidWS10, Apr 11, 2004.

1. DavidWS10

DavidWS10 Bankless Boat Trash

I've never installed a fishfinder before and I've got a question. When mounting the transducer to the transom, for the proper curing of the marine silicone, does the air temperature have to be above a certain minimum temp?

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Dave:
    It doesn't really matter to much as long as it is above freezing. Temps like today would be great. Make sure it stays dry is all. Also make sure it is set up before you put it in the water. Great stuff your working with.

3. DavidWS10

Thanks, Dale. I think I'm going to try to install the ff this afternoon, as well as replace some switches on the dash. If the weather holds, I want to be ready to put her back into the water next weekend.:D

4. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Glad to help. Anymore questions let us know we'll tell you what to. do :D :eek:

5. DavidWS10

I don't mind being told what to do. My wife is always telling me what to do. I just don't want to be told where to go.:rolleyes: :eek:

6. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Yeah, you'll be fine with the silicone the way the weather has been. Hopefully those freezing temps are behind us.

I don't know what kind of unit you purchased, but I would recommend running a seperate power line from your battery, just to make sure you don't get any power noise or interference.

7. DavidWS10

I've got the Eagle Fishmark 320. What gauge wire should I run for the power? Also, should I run a ground wire as well as the power wire?

8. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

I've run all mine with that belden cable, I have a fuse link right at the battery, run one to the positive and the other to the negative, the belden cable is shielded so it eliminates any interference..........Doc

9. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

I'm not familar with the unit, visit your local dealer for recommendations. I run both power and ground to the battery for my electronics.