close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fish Finder help

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by rolland, Oct 12, 2008.

1. rolland

rolland Fishing Noob

Ok, got my first boat this year as some of you know from my 1000 anoying first boat questions :p . The fish finder that came with it dosent work at all for spotting fish. The OGF member I bought it off of told me he only used it for depth and it didn't mark fish. So I head out and look at fish finders, now im totally confused. These things seem to range from 80 - a zillion dollars and I really don't know what I need. It seems the color ones were of course more expensive and to be honest if the only difrence was color or B&W I really don't care if its in color. All I really know is it would be nice to see that there are fish somewhere, like a tool to find a good spot. Cost isn't a huge deal, don't want to spend more then I have to but don't want to spend $ on junk eather.

Can anyone give advice on how to narrow down my search, what price range I need to be in or what features to look for in a beginner finder. I have a 14' aluminum boat and mainly what im looking for is somthing to tell me, "hey theres fish lets try here". I will be using it on inland lakes, not going to eari in my boat :) .

I appoligise for reasking a common question but the threads I read all seem to want gps/color or more advanced options then i am looking for. Thanks in advance for any help in this decission.

2. rolland

rolland Fishing Noob

thanks blue, going to run up today and check it out. Reading the article you linked it seems this is really geared toward fish location even in weed beds and other structure, could be perfect for me.