Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have an opinion on a decent fish finder for my yak? I am looking at the two below and admittedly have no idea which one would be will be better suited. I know they are down imaging and do not come with maps, although I can make my own. Is the extra $40 or so simply because of the dual-beam transducer? Any other fishfinders in this price range that are better?

Garmin Striker Plus 4 with Dual-Beam transducer
$139.99

Garmin Striker 4 with Transducer, 3.5" GPS Fishfinder with CHIRP Traditional Transducer
$102.99
#1 Best Seller

https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/electronics/551460/ref=psdczbs_551460_t1_B076WBHD2T

·
Not in Kansas anymore...
603 Posts
I have the $100 model. Works fine. Tells me the depth, water temp, marks fish, etc.

·
retired pipefitter120/669 sprinkler fitter
1,498 Posts
I would save the $40 I always went top shelf but find I don't need or use most of the bells and whistle, I have started think in what do I want it to do.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the striker plus 4. I do like the contour maps/gps option. The maps this fishfinder makes for you are extremely accurate. In hindsight I wish I had got the next best model that has down imaging as well, but I'm also glad I took the time to learn how to read traditional sonar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts