close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fish finder advice

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by -mike-, Jan 6, 2009.

1. -mike-

-mike- We got time for this?

The Old Lowrance X75 transducer stopped bumpin last fall. The unit itself is at Lowrance getting a once over. But really, I want a new unit.

The new Humminbird units with the sidefinder looks real nice, but Ive yet to talk to anyone with real world experience.

Any of you guys own one? Is it hype? Is it worth the money?

Will lowrance come out with one of their own?

2. I Fish

I Fish I am what I eat.

I love mine. It's the 797c2 si. In rivers and calm lakes, I don't think it can be beat. The side scan image gets screwed in rough water, but it has a normal downshooting finder as well, so you can still use it. Once you figure out how it works (speed settings and sensitivity) it's like looking at a picture of the bottom. I've found more rocks, logs, shelves, I just can't say enough. Old tires and barrrels in the river even show up. You can spot baitfish, schools of fish, it definately up'd my catch rate. IMO it's worth every penny, and then some. I wish they would stop selling them, so nobody else could get one!LOL I've used it in places I always caught fish, and found out why they were there, as well as found things close by holding fish that nobody has a clue exist. Several pros that have competitors sponsorships are even buying these with their own money, using them on another boat for the pre-fish, then using the sponsors units during the tourney. I think that says alot. Think of it as buying an expensive regular (and very good) fishfinder with a built in flasher and GPS, and getting the side finder for free.