Fish Closeups...

Discussion in 'Tackle Making' started by vc1111, Apr 9, 2008.

1. I thought it might be nice to start a thread upon which we could post pictures of different species...so that we could have a reference for carving and painting lures.

Caught this walleye today (April 8, 2008):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's a creek chub I caught Sunday, April 6, 2008:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Please add yours...try to get a quality shot and keep it close so we can see the details, especially the head and side profile.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  2. I just noticed that the walleye in the first photo has a really nice clear coat finish, doesn't he?:D

3. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

Nice eye Vince. Did you use the creek chub for bait?:D That first pic sure does look like a clear coat.

4. Hey, Rick! Where you been hiding?

Nah, I didn't use the creek chub, but I thought about keeping a few for cut bait for the catfishing this summer.

5. BigDaddy300

I have been hibernating. I was beginning to think this winter was never going to end. Well it has and hopefully we will be seeing each other on the water soon.:)

6. fugarwi7

fugarwi7 Lumberjack

BigDaddy, was it you that posted a great close-up picture of a bluegill in another thread? If yes, this would be a good place to repost it...I would like to see it (save it too) for future reference. Thank you in advance if you can repost!

7. These are some shot's I took last year.

Douglas

Attached Files:

8. Doug, you sure those aren't your sucker gliders? :D :D

9. Yup, I'm sure!

Attached Files:

10. Emerald Shiner...I really want to make one of these and try to nail all the iridescent colors it has. It also has a flat white center "core" that will be tough to emulate. It is in my opinion, the most beautiful of all freshwater baitfish. And I am amazed at the grace of the eye and the gill area on these things. The colors are something only God could contrive. I have a template for the body, but I'm still working on the paint recipes...

Of course the picture doesn't do it justice. The greens on the back only show when the light hits it from a certain angle and the silvers on the belly are more perfect than a mirror. I accidentally snagged this one with a steelie hair jig, but managed to snap a quick photo.

Look at the blues and purples too. And the white "core which runs from the tail to the gill plate appears to be beneath an truly fantastic clear outer layer, which reflects the iridescents in the light. Its about 3 inches long...
    [​IMG]

11. Husky

Husky HAMMER MECHANIC,1st CLASS

Vince, I'm requesting permission to use that pic for some photo finishing.
    TIA:)

12. Columbusslim31

Columbusslim31 Student of Finjitsu

Here's a sunfish I caught last June. I hope it's sufficient:

Attached Files:

13. Husky, I'd love to see you use it. Here's a tighter shot:
    [​IMG]

14. Thanks, Colslim. that's a really beautiful shot of that fish.

15. small bow for you.

Attached Files:

16. BigDaddy300

Are you sure that is a brown? Looks like a rainbow. Either way nice trout.

17. Sorry this is the brown.

Attached Files:

18. Columbusslim31

Columbusslim31 Student of Finjitsu

Thanks a lot. It's one of my favorite pics.

19. MrFry

MrFry

[​IMG]

Here is a strange fish i found while fishing. The other close-ups are there as well. I couldn't figure out how to put just the picture on the post.