Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering about the fish cleaning stations. They fillet you fish for $1.25 a lb. I was wondering will they just scale your fish and then how much would they charge you for this. As they can run your catch thur their scaler in no time at all. I know the scaling takes most of the time to do if you do it a t home. Do any one know if they will just scale your fish and what do they charge for this. As this is what I was thinking about doing next time I can find a perch trip out. Thanks Matt

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is a good problem to have. My wife, brother and I have been catching so many perch tickets this year we a tired of all the cleaning at home. We don't mind cleaning walleye, but 90 perch every trip is very time consuming. Does anyone know of any self cleaning stations or pay to have fish cleaned near Lake Shore Park?

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
If in the Marblehead /Port Clinton area, you can call Bomba's, Bays' Edge, Port Clinton Fisheries or Marblehead Fish Cleaning and they will tell ya price to scale only. Usually around .50 as others have said.
IMO, if you are gonna pay to get them scaled, It's worth it to just have them do the whole job.

·
Registered
341 Posts
This is a good problem to have. My wife, brother and I have been catching so many perch tickets this year we a tired of all the cleaning at home. We don't mind cleaning walleye, but 90 perch every trip is very time consuming. Does anyone know of any self cleaning stations or pay to have fish cleaned near Lake Shore Park?
There is a place that will clean fish right before you cross the lift bridge, I think perch is 1.25/pound and walleye are 3.00 each

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
No skin for me either...but cleaning 200 perch isn't exactly what I call an afternoon of fun. I pay to have 'em cleaned, then I run the skin off at home prior to freezing. Doesn't take long at all.

Wife won't eat 'em with the skin on 'em either.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts