Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found with the eyes being scattered and considerable time between fish while trolling, I have time to filet them out on the back of the boat while we are fishing. If I leave the skin and scales on the fliet, is this legal.....?

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I have found with the eyes being scattered and considerable time between fish while trolling, I have time to filet them out on the back of the boat while we are fishing. If I leave the skin and scales on the fliet, is this legal.....?
depends who if any one stops you,you can't discard any of what is left of the fish in the lake,,I saw a guy get ticketed on the Maumee this spring for leaving the guts on the bank ...another was stopped with fillets, I don't know if he was ticketed or not ,,but the game warden said the he thought the fish were under size,, I don't know what happened ,,,I have only been checked twice at the ramp this year,,not at all last year

the previous post pretty much sums it up

·
Registered
275 Posts
According to the regulations, (It is unlawful to clean fish or possess fillets on or at a body of water.For more information see OAC 1501:31-13-08j. ) It is the fourth statement down under General Information.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
very informative but here's a question. is it legal to clean fish on state owned land like a state park or campground.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Have also wondered about previous days fillets. When we're up to lake for multiple days, prior days fillets are kept in fridge on boat. Don't have anywhere on shore to keep them. Can understand wardens prediciment on trying to determine which fillets are from which day. Hope never have to plead case out on the water.

·
gray panther
701 Posts
Have also wondered about previous days fillets. When we're up to lake for multiple days, prior days fillets are kept in fridge on boat. Don't have anywhere on shore to keep them. Can understand wardens prediciment on trying to determine which fillets are from which day. Hope never have to plead case out on the water.
You're in trouble with them on the boat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts