Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Duck Enemy #1
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since Im gonna hopefully need to clean fish Saturday night, what is the trough like at Turtle? Is there electric and running water there?

·
Premium Member
10,892 Posts
Nice covered fish cleaning area with electric and water only 50 yds from the ramps, can't miss it.

·
761 Posts
There is another nice fish cleaning area at Turtle - if you are heading towards the entrance to the campgrounds, the road to the left at the end of the dock area will take you to the 2nd fish cleaning area.

·
The Original Hot Rod
6,732 Posts
Since Im gonna hopefully need to clean fish Saturday night, what is the trough like at Turtle? Is there electric and running water there?
I have question....! Turtle has signs clearly poster that the water is not for "Human Consupmtion". But yet it's okay for cleaning fish...I ran water in my bucket and it appeared to be the same as the lake water. Now, I'd never drink that stuff, but why is it okay to clean fish in it but not consume it...??? :confused:
Other places has clean potable water...just curious! ;)

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I always thought that the "not for human consumption" sign was referring to the fillet carcasses that are left there to be picked up by, the people that use them to make fertilizer or cat food or whatever. So that they dont get a lawsuit if someone tries to get some more meat off the rotting fish.

·
useless poster
8,806 Posts
you will cook the fish in hot oil killing the germs,thus, there will be no bad juju left from the rinsing with lake water . at least thats how i see it.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
The fish cleaning station at the ramp pumps water from the creek.

The fish cleaning station near the office <east end of docks> has "city" water !

GR

·
The Original Hot Rod
6,732 Posts
The fish cleaning station at the ramp pumps water from the creek.

The fish cleaning station near the office <east end of docks> has "city" water !

GR
I dunno "G"...the same sign is posted at that cleaning station as well. Fenwick does not have these signs as I use them in early season to haul water for my camper and it's certainly city water.

Freyed, You're right but since I'll freeze fish before I return home I just want to be on the safe side. I usually with let the fillets soak in a salt brine for a couple of hours too before cooking them up. I was just a little curious about this.

Joushy, Unfortunately, some folks might even go some far as to eat some of that meat that's left (it ain't me :D ). So you make a good point...! Might as well make Sushi right there at the cleaning station. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts