close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fish at Hoover this year ! ! !

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by tech187, Feb 28, 2005.

1. I heard the Red Bank Bait store is not going to be opening back up anywhere. Looks like the Old Dutchman Bait store is going to be a busy place this year. Good luck finding a place to park if you are pulling a boat. Are there any other bait stores around Hoover other than the two mentioned above? Thanks

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

tell me it ain't so.last i heard,the plans for the new building included a bait shop.i kinda took for granted it be the same people.i've always dealt with the dutchman and red bank both,but mostly with red bank due to,among other things,it's location.

3. The Building is done but nobody is in it yet. The boats are still stored out back so the same people must still own that property.I will check and see what i can find out ,we might have to drive over to Chishire Bait store at Alum that is where i had to go last year when the crappies were turned on and Red Bank was out of minnows.They also give you a good count they dont count them as tight as the Dutchmen.How you doin there Misfit ? Iwas driving over the county line bridge last thursday and the gulls were diving all over the place on the east side of the bridge,when i got a little closer you could see the white bass busting the surface i wanted to get out and jump in but it was a little to cold. Fishguy

4. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

hey guy.been awhile.you been hibernating?
    you never know what you might see around that bridge in the winter,do you? ;)
    i might have to get the boat out again :D
    i hate to think about driving to cheshire for bait,but you're right.red bank didn't have a counter on their bait tank like dutchman :rolleyes:
    i'd give a little "donation" now and then,cause they were always generous.
    won't be long till things get better,and i'll be looking for you on the water.

5. When does the walleye/saugeye night bite on Hoover start as a rule. I am sorry to hear about Red Bank closeing down it's bait area they always were fair and usually had good info. Havent fished Hoover in a few years so any info on when the walleye/saugeye run starts would be a tremendous help. thanks
    ________
    GAMO FLAT CALIBER MATCH PELLETS

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  6. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

the night bite starts around DARK :D ;)
    seiously,i don't think there's a "start" time.they can be caught at night,year round.some times may be better than others,but whenever you can get out is a good time.