close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fish appetizers

Discussion in 'OGF Kitchen' started by ShakeDown, Dec 16, 2004.

1. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

I've made these for years for friends and family who aren't big fish eaters, and they can't get enough.

Take your filets (i prefer eyes or perch) and cut them into long strips

Roll the strips (like you would a sleeping bag), wrap a piece of bacon around it, and dunk it in BBQ sauce.

Stick a toothpick through it to hold it, chuck em on the grill.

It's quick, easy, and tastes like candy :D

2. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

here's a variation on something similar. take half a jalopeno pepper, seed it, stuff a small chuck of chicken breast inside. Wrap with bacon, marinate in your favorite liquid marinade (the longer you marinde, the milder they will be, for a party I'll do one patch overnight that most anyone can handle, and another patch for a couple of hours that have much more kick). Then throw on the grill.

3. Keep em' coming boys...

4. I take perch put it into cold water on the stove. Bring it just to a boil and then run under cold water immediately. Taste just like a shrimp cocktail with the cocktail sauce. MUMMMM MMMUUUUMMM GOOOD

5. I like to take pan fish filets and cut them into bite size pieces. Then put two cans of flat beer into a pot, bring to boil and add fish, cook about 2 minutes, remove from heat and drain well, put in container and put in fridge till cold. Make cocktail sauce and dip and eat. I call it poormans lobster.

6. dave hiwatt

dave hiwatt Fish fear me..... RIGHT

I like to take a couple pats of butter into a small fry pan and let just start to brown, then throw bluegill fillets and about a tsp. of minced garlic. there done in about a minute, as soon as they turn flaky.