Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Off the beaten path
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up.

I fished some rivers the past few days and just wanted to put a heads up on checking for ticks. I found one on myself and several in my car. I had long pants, and sprayed down with Deet. Gave my wife the heebiejeebies. She suggested I stick to the yak fishing and stay out of the woods. They have been pretty bad this year.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Funny you'd post this...I was just saying to my wife about a week ago that the ticks seem particularly bad this year. I've had to remove them about every time I have ventured into wooded area this year, including the back yard tree line.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Always cracks me up when people are surprised to find a few ticks. Have 100+ acres down in Guernsey county with a pond on it. Walk around the pond for a half hour and you'll pull a half dozen or more ticks off and they'll be crawling all over the car by the time you get home. The first time I took the gf down she was freaking out, now she acts like they're mosquitoes without wings. Training her up right.

·
Baller Member
923 Posts
Always cracks me up when people are surprised to find a few ticks. Have 100+ acres down in Guernsey county with a pond on it. Walk around the pond for a half hour and you'll pull a half dozen or more ticks off and they'll be crawling all over the car by the time you get home. The first time I took the gf down she was freaking out, now she acts like they're mosquitoes without wings. Training her up right.
haha yeah thats city life for you....fished many many times tho and never found ticks like the last few weeks...them bastards are hard to kill...i am pretty sure the army is examining them closely to try and mimic their armor (no joke)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts