Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help.... I am thinking of heading to the big lake on Friday for the first time in almost 3 years. I have a 16' so I am hoping the weather cooperates. My passion is walleye's and trolling. I need some advice as to where to go, basically looking for info from Cleveland to Ashtabula.
I have lead core and snap weights and all the cranks, spoons, and harnesses. I will probably taking out my 3 kids for their first trip to the big lake. Any advice for walleyes and perch would be greatly appreciated
Sent from my DROID4 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
The perch slaughter in Conneaut early am has been unreal. If I were you, I'd get up to Conny early and let your kids catch a bunch of perch and then head out for a couple hours of walleye fishing. The walleye have been really deep this year so I'd say run the lead core and some reef runners. I'd just be careful in a 16' because we've been venturing out into the lake quite a ways for the walleye.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
230 Posts
welcome back and thank you for serving our country, its much appreciated!!!

Good Fishing..

dale

·
Barberton,Ohio
94 Posts
Thank you for your service, welcome home.
Go slaughter them and enjoy your family time.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Fishin-For-Fun
2,110 Posts
If you are interested, I may be able to put you in a seat on my 30foot Baha out of Geneva on Saturday morning. It may be more comfortable for the long run to walleye right now. Call me Friday after 5pm - phone number on my web site.

As for the kids, I recommend perch fishing because of the long run to the walleye right now. It looks like the lake will cooperate with even a 16foot boat on this fri-sat-sun looking for perch. You will find them in about 55fow out of Geneva Marina. I am booked for sunday or I would offer to take you and the kids out for perch too -- next week perhaps?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts