close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

First trip to southwest Ohio, successful day

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by walleye28, Apr 20, 2017.

1. This was my first experience fishing the area and after some poor luck all morning it finally turned on for me. A buddy and I tried ceaser creek and saw a ton of fish jumping on the surface but with nothing really to show for it, (one crappie, two bluegill) next up we tried the little Miami river where I had on what might have been my biggest bass of the year that proceeded to spit my lure, perfect. We made it back to my friends place and decided to relax by the creek behind his house. It was a good idea, in the same exact spot on a creek I caught a fish Ohio carp and fish ohio rock bass. ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1492660840.092486.jpg ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1492660859.943695.jpg
    We then in the evening got the idea to try CJ brown reservoir. After nothing for an hour I hooked up with a 12 inch white bass, not too shabby, then about a half hour later I had a bite close to shore, a walleye! Despite my username I have never caught a walleye in Ohio, in previous years I have been lucky enough to go to Canada to fish walleye and northern pike and have not devoted much time to walleye in the states. Well I had my first on a jig, 17 inch male. It was also some good eats. ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1492662673.690729.jpg ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1492662696.860865.jpg

2. BuzzBait Brad

BuzzBait Brad River Angler

2 fish Ohio out of a creek?? Nice!

3. Cat Mangler

Cat Mangler Pirateer

Hard to beat a day like that. Welcome to the dark(SW) side!:D

4. Yeah hard to believe really, it's a small creek too, it's loaded with carp and rock bass though, the rocky looked like a balloon, must have been full of eggs. We tried the mad river today, didn't do too bad ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1492730981.282509.jpg ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1492730994.942873.jpg

Cat Mangler likes this.
  5. Cat Mangler

Cat Mangler Pirateer

Get outta my spot!:D

6. It's a nice place! Haha but the carp there were spawning in some fast water, they bunched up like a school of minnows all touching each other, was pretty odd to look at, probably 150 pounds of fish in a 5 foot radius

Cat Mangler likes this.
  7. Cat Mangler

Cat Mangler Pirateer

Yeah, the mad is loaded with huge carp, especially around that area. It's always funny when their rituals end up causing one to get pushed up onto the bank and it starts spazzing and flopping to get back in the water.