close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

First trip this year with the fly

Discussion in 'Fish on the Fly' started by Slabs!, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Slabs!

Slabs! Multispecies Journeyman

Decided to get the fly rod out as I'm ready to focus on the creeks now for the summer. I still consider myself a newbie. Hit up a local pond and did okay. Managed to catch 3 crappies, 4 gills and 3 largemouth all on a white wooly worm and a chartreuse bugger. None of them had any size, biggest being a 7" crappie, but still fun. Made me remember why I have a fly rod in the first place. The pond was kinda murky or I think I would have done much better. Can't wait for the creeks to go back down. I'm interested in learning, if anyone is willing to teach.

2. solid report. Wish I knew how to fly fish, it's a unique art form when watching some good fly fishermen. I'm right with you with the creeks, can't wait for them to go down!!!
    Good Luck SLABS!!!

3. Flyfish Dog

Flyfish Dog Banned

You had fun right! Try poppers if were you!

4. sevenx

sevenx "I sat by the river" N.Mc

Not sure where your located but I would be happy to help out if your near the Milford area. Give me a call at the shop 513-444-4009. Steve

5. Slabs!

I appreciate the offer, but that's a bit far with gas prices being the way they are. In the past I would have jumped on the offer as I'm always interested in learning new waters. Most of my travels nowadays are within 45 minutes of Columbus and more directed north. I do fish most of the lakes within that range. Again, appreciated.

6. Keep an eye out, when "the stars align", I am trying to get a couple/few of us togethe...so far, this year has been a bust but times will improve.

Sending PM as well.

7. Slabs!

LOL, when the stars align? Cool. I just want to get out on the water with someone/s that do it on a regular. I think I read the water pretty good which I is the first step, locating fish, but I'm not real sure about the whole technique and fly choice. I think I need to see it with my own eyes to believe it, which would inspire me a lil' more to go more often with the fly rod. I like a challenge.