Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a late start on thursday, 10 a.m. launch (long drive from Marblehead!)
Went out to the "packs" and looked around...marked a few..tried several places. finally moved again (bless that anchor lock on MinnKota!) and found some active ones. Pretty much up and down although nothing over 12" and I think we threw back 3 or 4 for every keeper. Set the bar at 10" initially but quickly dropped to 9".
Went trolling for eyes for awhile afterwards with dipsy's back 125-140 on 3 1/2 setting and 3 oz inlines back 110-130. Got two sheephead and some junk along with bare hooks. Finally gave that up.
Friday, got early start and launched by 6:45. Parking lot was full already!
Quickly found some good marks and it was game on. Again, lots of throwbacks though and nothing over 12". I think our 120 perch went aroun 50lbs at the cleaners so not bad. Headed back home after that.

While it was nice to experience that end of the lake, I'm confident I can do just as well on the perch in canadian waters at this end.
Thanks a bunch to several members who gave me some generous information!

·
"I'll get the net"
1,941 Posts
Got a late start on thursday, 10 a.m. launch (long drive from Marblehead!)
Went out to the "packs" and looked around...marked a few..tried several places. finally moved again (bless that anchor lock on MinnKota!) and found some active ones. Pretty much up and down although nothing over 12" and I think we threw back 3 or 4 for every keeper. Set the bar at 10" initially but quickly dropped to 9".
Went trolling for eyes for awhile afterwards with dipsy's back 125-140 on 3 1/2 setting and 3 oz inlines back 110-130. Got two sheephead and some junk along with bare hooks. Finally gave that up.
Friday, got early start and launched by 6:45. Parking lot was full already!
Quickly found some good marks and it was game on. Again, lots of throwbacks though and nothing over 12". I think our 120 perch went aroun 50lbs at the cleaners so not bad. Headed back home after that.

While it was nice to experience that end of the lake, I'm confident I can do just as well on the perch in canadian waters at this end.
Thanks a bunch to several members who gave me some generous information!
If you ever want to come back over and get on some good eye fishing let us know ahead of time. The eyes have been on fire.

·
Capt Jeff
1,710 Posts
Heard you were down in our neck of the woods picking on our jumbos !
( Moke told me )

Give a holler in advance next time !
Canada has nothin on Conny perch :)

<'))><

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heard you were down in our neck of the woods picking on our jumbos !
( Moke told me )

Give a holler in advance next time !
Canada has nothin on Conny perch :)

<'))><
,that's debatable but definitely give you a holler lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts