Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just moved into the valley area and have been looking at some good places to go fishing. I eventually came across kendall lake recommended by some people in here that i saw in previous posts. (yeah I know how to use the search button!!!:D ) Anyways got there at about 7. Started left of the pier and worked around that point along the steep side and didnt get much. Slid down the steep side cause I could see some bass just off a little point. On my second cast using a storm WildEye swim shad and got a small bass about 9 or 10" in length. Thats all I had time for, but well worth it!! I will definitely be going back there soon enough, if not tommarrow!! :p

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
There are some big bass in there . when i lived in akron i fished it a few times.
I got a 5 lb bass on a live blue gill. also not far from the vally in Indago Lake it's an old quarry very deep and clear but big bass in there also . just very hard to get them to bite due to such clear water good luck

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Try using Senkos or Yumdingers, 4 inchers, black or watermelon seed.. The bass there LOVE them.

·
Registered
223 Posts
crayfish are ALWAYS a great bait to try. i have used them to catch bass in small ponds that I know have never even seen a crayfish b4. i usually just stick a jighead thru the tail n toss on the bottom....if a bass is around shouldn't take long to hook up.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I fish this lake a lot and there are good size bass and crappie in it. I have had great sucess with Yumdingers left of the pier in front of the cove. I am not sure if you can use crawfish. The CHNVP has relagtions on what live bait you can use.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah I was reading the regulations, it says no digging for bait, no minnows live or dead, no eggs unless preserved... doesnt specify crayfish... I'll ask a ranger while I'm there just to be sure. It says the reason is to maintain the natural predator environment. Im sure it wouldnt be a problem since this lake is river fed. :shrug: either way I'm going to have fun!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I never have caught a catfish there. I fished for two hours today and caught six bass. Only one of them was of size. All were caught on a Mepps Aglia #3 right by the side of the peir. A good place for cats is Silever springs pond in stow. A lot of cats for a little pond!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Went back today at about 2:45 and caught one bass about 12" off the right tip of the pier (or whatever). Went over towards the cove and fished the opening and caught 2 14" that put up pretty good fights! The bass just keep getting bigger! Only thing I caught fish on was the storm wildeye swim shad, they really seem to like those! I tried a jitterbug for a top water, nothing and a pumkinseed colored tube and nothing either. I couldn't find those other recommended lures at walmart, so I'm assuming I can get them at Dicks??

·
Registered
219 Posts
Dude, if you want to catch alot of bass at Kendall, use a three or four inch fluke bait. Swin it a inch underwater. Me and Joewh15 have been fishing that lake for years and thats the best bait. Buzzbaits work well too but only on certain days. Try different colors. We use a magenta or green. hope this helps.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts