close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

first time out w/new boat at buckeye

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fishnfool, Jul 4, 2007.

1. fishnfool

fishnfool out4dabig1

My brother in law bought a boat a couple of months ago,21' thompson,new paint,new int.Since he doesn't know anything about boats he told me I could use it any time Iwant, soI got it running and got all the necessary saftey equip for it and headed for the lake. I've been very skeptical on how this boat would do,never being out on it and all,all my fears were wipid away. This thing purrrrrs like a kitten the only problem it had was the trim didn't want to come up when I trailered it,but other than that I was very pleased. Get that trim fixed and a gps and I'm lake Erie bound.

2. The trim wouldn't move at all? Was it while you were trying to drive it on the trailer? If it was while you were trying to drive it up on the trailer. There is a limiter switch that will stop the motor from raising to high while giving it gas.. Not sure what you were trying to do.

GarryS

3. fishnfool

fishnfool out4dabig1

It wont move at all,I just hear a click. There's actually two trim buttons one for the outdrive and one for the motor which I'm not famaillar with,but neither one works just clicks

4. I would first clean all cables to make sure its making contact.... then go from there ... Check with DaleM... His nephew works on boats out at Buckeye....

Wish I could of been more help

See ya
    GarryS

5. fishnfool

fishnfool out4dabig1

do you know where he works at Buckeye?

6. He lives on Buckeye Lake. He works on boats on the side....

7. fishnfool

fishnfool out4dabig1

Thanks for the info,Dale got me in contact with his nephew. He said my trim problem is too old for him,and they quit making parts for it,so thats always good to know,but he can work on my boat so thats good news.

8. You never said what kind of stern drive it is but if it goes down all the way and come up just a little bit look for another trailoring button that will raise it all the way. On my merc, a alpha one stern drive the limit switch is on the port side of the stern drive, the simular looking thing on starboard side in for the gauge, maybe the limit is bad or just needs adjusted, you cant buy just one or the other they come together and are still stocked,, $100

9. ovlo

ovlo

this thread is worthless withount pics

sounds like a nice boat

10. fishnfool

fishnfool out4dabig1

It's an old omc outdrive,I'll get some pics when I get home