first time out+ first buck

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by dexterm16, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Can't get any better than this. First time out bow hunting and i get my first deer. Kicked up a doe on the way in and got set up next to a tree and about 15 minutes later i had my chance. A nice 8 point buck walked about 15 yards away from me and i let my shot go. It ran about 100 ft and dropped. Shot was placed perfectly and this is what i have to show for it:
    [​IMG]

2. Nice job and congrats your right can't get any better

3. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Great shot! If only hunting was always that easy!

4. nice first deer . now you have the deer hunting bug .

5. Congrats! Nice first buck!

6. BigSteve

BigSteve Member

Good job man, great to set out and accomplish your goal. Just remember
    though it won't always be that easy, or it would be called killing not hunting.
    No doubt long cold hours, days or weeks could go by without seeing anything, and you may get discouraged but don't give up cause hunting or even just being in the woods is one of the best ways I know to cleanse your soul and the taking of a deer is the greatest reward mother nature can provide you. Good luck in the future, I hope you kill a monster next year.

7. Congrats Dexterm, Welcome to the world of hunting. I wish you many Big Bucks in the Future!!!

8. Seaturd

Seaturd Catcher of Fish

What BigSteve said. Nice buck.

9. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

great job! i got mine like that last year, in the woods less than 30 min. this year, im not sure theres any deer in my woods:p

10. nice job.....I'm 6 years & Still waiting:)

11. EPB

EPB

Your Dad told me you saw one in the garden the next day could have saved some gas, good job, now you have the fever

12. That was too easy. You didn't get a chance to enjoy it.:D Now you need to get back out there in search of some does and see if you can screw it up and kill more time than deer like the rest of us.:p

13. EMRDUCKS

EMRDUCKS "SUPPERS READY" ON 68

Congrats Good Job

14. Nice buck now you will be hooked on bowhunting for life